I'll start with Isabel. She's a very low key kind of dog, not big on cuddles unless it's her idea. Much like a cat in a way. Always independent and doing her own thing. She has decided that this week was the week to start jumping on the terrace and checking out the neighbors yard. Now you can ask Jay and Sara and they will tell you she NEVER did that when they lived there. I'm sure she is just very interested in the new dogs next door. Not a good thing ever, and especially now that it's cold out with snow. Not fun to take her out on a leash.. Little stinker, takes after her dad. LOL
As I was getting Nian's pj's on I can't help but wonder if, a year ago, he was already at the orphanage or if he was being prepared to go there. Was his heart breaking like mine is right now trying to imagine how scared he must have felt. Did he know we were coming to him? Did he know how much that family who cared for him for us love him as their own? These are the questions that I try to ask often as they will haunt me forever I believe. Not knowing, and yet knowing his heart must have broke as I'm sure he had no idea what was going on. We can only pray that they prepared him as best they could for this big change that was coming his way. A change full of Love, joy, learning, tears, heartache, mending, and so much more.
We are so grateful that he was able to experience a family life with his foster family and not be in the orphanage. We wish we had been able to meet this family that loved our little boy and helped raise him during those first tender months of his life.
So looking back on a year ago today. I was already off of work, doing last minute errands before heading to the bank then straight home. Scary to have that kind of cash on ones self. Here's a little blurb from that days post!
2 days to go.. and what do I realize? Only
that my new shoes are packed in little guy’s bag and I have NEVER put them on
other than when I tried them on at the store. What Was I Thinking??
These shoes are just so comfy I didn't even think about wearing them around
work or home. DUH. I seriously want to take them as they are so comfy I
can't even tell I have them on. But I also don't want to take
"another" pair of shoes..... So here they are only feet right
now I still have a few days to work on them. Hope it works!
And packing.. Wowzers... Now if I can just find room for the items
I bought to donate to the orphanage we'll be all set. I feel we've over
packed but at the same time how does one pack for a trip to China not knowing
what the weather will be like. We will be doing laundry in the room as we
go so I think tomorrow I'll take another look at our bags and see what we can
really live without. Some items we can't get over there so there's no
unpacking them.
Isabel goes to Aunt Brenda's tonight. We sure are going to miss our
little girl and this will be the longest we've been away. We know she'll
have a great time and I imagine she'll get spoiled and have lots of popcorn
while we are gone.
I have my last minute list and need to get moving. Lots to do and little
time to do it. WOO HOO..
Yeah that about sums up our 2 days to go. WOO HOO... With that we send out a WOO HOO to Heather and Henry who left today to bring their daughter home. They were a part of our travel group and brought their 2 boys home last year. A recent post reminded me that Heather said they were adding 2 in 1 trip so they wouldn't have to come back next year. LOL That's GOD for you! You never know what HIS plan is for you.
Praying you follow God's plan for YOU and while you might not always understand the path he puts you on, it's for a reason!
Looking forward to sharing our Journey memories with starting in a few days.
Blessings to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment