I'm not really sure what all we did on this day. I know we had a meeting in the morning to go over what we needed to take/have ready for our flight home. I think they went over what we do at customs back home as well. I really wish I could remember more of this day. I think we were all just ready to be home. I know we went to dinner with a few other families to a Mexican restaurant everyone talks about. We also saw the other big hotel adoptive families stay at,The Garden hotel I think. It was very beautiful. And it took a while to get a taxi that would actually drive all the way back to our hotel lol. One guy actually told Joe NO and drove off when Joe told him where we were staying. I will leave this post with a recap from last years post.
We learn new things about our little guy every day and we continue to build that bond of trust. Nian likes to dance, he shares his food with both of us, and likes to wipe his hands on my leg. We're working on the meaning of a napkin but I think it's too much like a kleenex so he's not a big fan. He does not like to have his nose wiped and stomps his foot when he's really mad. He likes to walk down the hall by himself (no hand holding) and attempts the stairs the same way. He does NOT like to be woken up, which means tomorrow morning will be a good time as we'll have to wake him up to get to he airport by 7 am.
We are looking forward to heading home. As much as we love this journey and enjoy the country and culture of our son's homeland, we miss some of the basics from home and our 4 legged little girl Isabel. Living out of a hotel room for 2 1/2 weeks is not easy or fun. I look forward to brushing my teeth with the faucet, filling a cup of good clean water to drink, making my own food, ( i know who knew) andjust being able to get a drink out of the fridge instead o f going up 6 floors. The little things...
Today is a down day for us. We just have a group meeting in the am and then the rest to the day is ours. We don't plan to do too much. Maybe go to the park, shop a little, and of course start packing. Sure hope our bags are lighter going home than they were coming. At least we know what to bring and what to leave at home for our next adoption. It's always hard to decide what to pack when going to a different country with different weather at each city. We went from chilly windy hat and glove weather in Beijing, to warm/humid weather in Guangzhou. I'm glad I packed some Capri pants.
Tomorrow is the last day of our look back on China. I do remember the day we headed home all too clearly! I hope to have some new photo's to share, and maybe a new story as well.
Thanks for stopping by today. Blessings to you all.





No comments:
Post a Comment