1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January 20, 2015



Today is a good day here in the Buss house.  We have our 12 month post adoption visit, which Nian is none too thrilled about let me tell you.  I can't wait to take him back to daycare, that will be a load of fun!  Maybe I can pass that off to Joe?  Somehow I doubt it...

Last night we had steamed bbq pork buns and pot stickers.  Nian loved them both!  I'll have to remember that for the future. As always live is such a rush around here I am hoping next year we will either be back in China for Nian's Gotcha Day (how awesome would that be!!) or at least be able to take time off of work to do more homemade items, and just hang out with Nian.

It's been great seeing how our travel families have celebrated our big day and how much the kids (and us) have grown and changed over this very short year.  Seems like he has always been with us. I know how quickly this 1st year has passed and I plan to savor each moment we have with him as I know he will be all grown up and on his own before I know it.

1 year ago today we headed back to the Civil service office to get our "official" documents that Nian was in fact OUR child.   From there we all headed to the Notary office and then back to the hotel.

1 year ago today also marks the date that Everyone, aside from our agency and travel family, learned our little boys name! Now what can we keep a secret with our next child!? lol

Here's a look back on our day.... 

After getting dressed we had breakfast and Skyped with both parents.  Grandma's and Grandpa's were finally introduced to their grandson Nian Joseph Buss, and they were thrilled.  They were also excited to finally get to know his name.  So little is kept private during an adoption this was one thing we could keep to ourselves, and we did!

We had to meet our sticky rice family in the lobby and head back to the Civil Service office to get our official Adoption paperwork.  On this day China makes our adoption legal.  We then headed over to the notary office and walked up the 6 flights to the conference room where we again filled out paperwork, took our pictures and then headed back to the hotel.

Once back in our room we were all in need of a nap. We realized after last night that Nian's paperwork must have been correct in that he got 4 bottles a day and only snacked on a few items, not ate them all.  His diapers quickly showed us that truth.  I made him a bottle and he slept for about 3 hours. 

We headed down to Walmart to get more snack puffs, Diapers, and another piece of luggage.  Nian LOVED the bright lights and activity that was going on. And he was fascinated by shopping cart., they move in all directions they are awesome. Once back at the hotel we played, had some saltines hoping that would help with his potty issues, and headed to bed.
What a difference 24 hours makes!!!!!
Helping Baba sign our papers.


Baba's thirsty after climbing those steps lol.



Thanks again for following our memory journey. Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment