That Wed would have been the 21st. We traveled with our guide and another couple 2.5 hours to the city of Louhe. This is the city where Nian was born and his home orphanage is located. Though he was only there for a few days before heading to a healing home, and a few days before coming to us, this is where we had to go to get his passport. Another couple, also first time parents, traveled with us as their son was from Louhe too. It was nice to have them with us for this part of our journey. We stopped at a local store to get some snacks and I was reminded that Nian needed more layers. LOL.
We spend 10 mins at the passport office then headed to the orphanage for a visit. Another 2.5 hours back to the hotel, most if which was spent sleeping. We went with the other couple to get some dinner, then back to the hotel to chill out.
The ride down and back, though long, was a nice trip. It was great to see the land. It took a good 45 mins to 1 hour just to get out of the city. That's how BIG the cities over there are! It's amazing. Seriously - Chicago, New York, LA nothing compared to the size of the cities in China. It was neat to see some farm-ish type land, but then you'd see a few high rises under construction and a few homes.
Thursday the 22nd we got in a van with another family and headed to the Aquarium. This trip was much shorter as it was withing the city limits. We were again amazed that having driven about 30-45 mins we were still in the city. Just amazing. I just told Joe that it's amazing that the drivers over there will actually sit and WAIT for you.. Hard to believe they would do that here. can you imagine telling the cabbies to wait for you for a few hours while you check out the Shedds in Chicago? Uh I don't think so. But he did. And the other families weren't kidding about the lady just putting her light up dolphin necklace on your kids. Wow she was fast. I would have liked to have gotten one, and would have on our way out but I didn't see her. Oh well. This is another place we will not have a return trip to. They rush you through the place to see each show, then you have to hike all the way back to where you were so you can see the in between at a more leisurely pace. I felt bad for the animals in the one underwater show. Poor things, it amazes me they didn't throw up from so much spinning..
We hit the Italian restaurant when we got back to the hotel. Got some pizza and pop, Nian liked them both. I think we headed back to our room that evening or maybe we went down to Walmart this night instead of before as my prior post noted. I honestly can't remember, that's how bad I was about writing stuff down. All you mom's out there made it look easy, I know I was damn tired each day!
Here's some photos from those two days.
| Nice they have a play area |
| I'm not sure what he's thinking but baba had a Strong hold on him and we told him we were just visiting. I think he knew we weren't leaving without him! |
| Not sure what this says but it was at the entrance to the orphanage,which is also next to a senior center. |
| Odd to see a cop car with it's lights on but no siren. |
| Add caption |
| And he's out.. |
| GAME ON |
| His favorite game at the hotel, dump the spoons and pick them up again |
| Yeah, neither of them were happy I "made" them take this picture. |
| Bad mom idea #? lets put him in the ride that we have no money for so he can scream when we have to go.. |
![]() |
| There was a small enough gap in the glass they could she could smell my hand. |
![]() |
| Sad that they were stuck in a small concrete room. The one to the right is scratching at the wall because.. |
![]() |
| There are Arctic Fox right next door. |





No comments:
Post a Comment