1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 26, 2015

1 year ago today we all met down in the lobby and headed over for the kids Visa photo's and medicals.  All children over the age of 2 are also required to have a TB test done. I was lucky enough to be in the restroom when they got Nian and took him in.  I was just coming out when they handed him back to Joe.  I decided to hang back for a bit to give the two of them some comfort bonding time.  I was hoping this would show Nian that he could find the comfort in Joe that he could with me.  When I did come back by them he stayed in Joe's arms which was a good thing. but he still wanted me in the middle of the night.  That holds true today as well.   I was sick last night so Joe put him down for bed and also in the middle of the night.  Nian would have non of it.  I let him cry for so long before I step in.  I don't want to encourage him crying just to get me when Joe is there but I also know when he's reached his limit and will make himself sick.  We hope to be more aware of this issue when it comes time for little little brother to join the family.

On the first floor of the medical building there is a store, I think it was a travel store, where they would take the photo's of the kids, then we headed up a few flights to the medical floor.  It was very different walking off the elevator and seeing a room full of people waiting to be looked at, all staring at you, while you walk past them with your children to your own area (just for adoption families) and get treated before them.  There were a few other families there from another agency there too, but mostly it was our sticky rice family.  We did have to wait about an hour for the Dr.s to come over then we went through each of the 4 areas one at a time. Once everyone was done we headed back to the hotel.

They had this vending machine on the 1st floor that you could get alcoholic drinks.  No one in our group tried it but I'm going to next time we go just to try it. It only took credit cards so we'll see how that works. Should be interesting!







We headed out from the hotel to get some lunch and then hung around the hotel relaxing before going to our Pearl River Diner Cruise.  We spent some time down at the little playground/park area they have at the hotel.  Nian had fun sliding and swinging.  They even had a little water area complete with a waterfall.




We ordered Jimmy Johns Pizza as they say the food on the buffet isn't too great.  So weird that they let you bring your own food on there, not like here that's for sure.  The cruise was really cool, the lights and a few entertainment pieces we missed one of them though so next time I'll have to pay more attention as it was about tea.  The Pizza however was really bad... We'll skip that next time and bring something else with us.





We ended the night with some much needed Ice Cream...


Thanks for stopping by and sharing our memories.  We feel blessed to be able to experience such a great trip and families while building our own.
We ask for your prayer for our fellow family Heather and Henry as they are finishing this 2nd trip to China to bring their daughter home. And for Bev and Adam who have been matched to their daughter and got their soft LOA today! WOOT WOOT..  They both have come so far.

God's blessing to you and your family. We pray that he ministers to your needs.




No comments:

Post a Comment