Lazy day for us here at home, headed to church, the store and maybe a walk before it get too dark. It's hard to imagine 1 year ago we got on a plane and headed further south to Guangzhou our last stop before heading home. The upcoming week would be full of new adventures, new friendships, new paperwork, and sad goodbyes.
We enjoyed a nice breakfast before doing our final packing, most I believe I had done the night before. We headed down to the lobby, got checked out and headed to bus for the airport. On this leg of our trip they would take ALL our luggage and weigh it as 1 unit which helped the bigger families and those with extra/heavy luggage. No baggage fees this trip. The flight was uneventful. Nian had some of the puffs he loves and promptly fell asleep! Like his mom on most flights - out like alight! When we landed we seemed to wait forever to get off the plane, well we were the last ones off actually. I thought Nian dropped something so I had to check. Luckily our sticky rice elbowed us some room on the bus to the terminal. We had lots of room on that bus :-)
 |
| Bus to airport |
 |
| Puffs |
 |
| Leaving the gate |
 |
| And he's out |
 |
| They had really good food on the flights. Rice - what did you expect? |
 |
| Still out. |
 |
Walking from terminal to bus. It looked and felt like we landed in Florida. Muggy ICK..
|
 |
| Yeah that was how we got off the plane. |
We all found our luggage, and our new guides and headed to the bus. It reminded me of when we went to Florida - warm and muggy once you get off the plane. The snog and smell were gone so that was a bonus. We got our itinerary for the week on the way to the hotel. Got checked in, to our room - ugh wrong room I had upgraded online - back downstairs to check in again and just chill out. I'm not really sure what we did this night. I think we just hung out in the hotel and went up to the executive lounge for dinner. I'm so glad we upgraded since we have a much larger room, and 2 bathrooms which is always nice!!! We had a nice view from our room, and it was so quiet there. While Zhengzhou has lots of scooters and TONS of honking horns, they don't allow either in Guangzhou. :-) Not sure what that huge screen across the street was all about though. They at least had a few English channels so watching TV was good.
 |
| Heading to the China hotel. |
 |
| I think someone is still tired. |
 |
| Checking in take 2... |
 |
| View out our window |
 |
Large screen played this show each night.
|
We've been having fun this past week + recalling our trip. We hope you have too. Thanks for your continued support.
Blessing on you and your upcoming week.
No comments:
Post a Comment