The days seems to go both slow and fast around here. We've been home 2 weeks now and it seems like we've been a family of 5 for months...
Cheng is settling in good, and our sleep pattern is awesome. I think it started Monday night with the boys getting in bed by 8/830. Later than we'd like but we'll take it.. They slept until 7 am the next morning. WOO HOO... And that's how it's been all week. Though we have been able to get them in bed by 730/8 so I am SUPER THRILLED by that turn of events.. Of course tonight proved to be more difficult that most nights. Someone, I won't name
little brother names, decided they didn't want to go to bed so we had a fun game of get your little behind into bed now.. Such good times.... lasted about 30 minutes until he finally pulled his quilt over himself and started snoring. Yay just like his dad on that one!
Thursday we picked Nian up from school and headed over to Joe's parents for lunch and a visit. Then we went over to Meijer Gardens to check out the butterflies. It was great! Except when I changed Cheng's shirt and he threw a Monster fit.. Oh how I love the terrible two's...... These boys are similar in so many ways, yet so different as well.
Today we attempted church. Someone didn't want to put his coat on so he got to stay here with his dad. Again I won't mention names, but can I imagine you can guess which son it was........
#2 It was a great time for him to bond with his Dada, and give Nian and I some more "Nian" time. He got a CD in Sunday school which we listened to on the way home. Love it, and his enthusiasm for Jesus. The boy has taught me a few things too. Meanwhile, Cheng and Joe took Isabel for a walk and played at little at the playground. Cheng and Isabel get along really good, much better than Nian and her did when he first came home. I think it helps that Cheng will give her food
all the time on occasion.
Each day bring us closer to a new goals, adventures, and steps. We are amazed at how far this boy has come since coming home. And even more amazed that it's only been 2 weeks since we've been home. The changes and growth in his little life, and ours are such a Blessing.
I'll leave you with some pictures from our last week. Thank you for your continued support, love, and prayers. Blessings to you this week.
 |
Seriously I think he got this from his cousins while in China. Ugh I can't smile for pictures...... |
 |
| AMEN to that... Shirt says it all.... |
 |
| Yogurt, and Mimi's baked beans.. it's what's for breakfast! |
 |
| Mr. I'm Afraid of stuffed animals had to drag his brother big bear out of the bedroom... |
 |
| Giving bal (aka Isabel) treats before we leave the house |
 |
| These beauties weren't out last time we went... |
 |
| Of course! |
 |
Traveled to China, TWICE, and finally got a pic of the boys with a Panda. Who knew all I needed to do was go to Meijer Gardens???? |
 |
| Yay, their brothers for sure... |
 |
| Early breakfast with Mom. |
 |
| This kid... dresses, and undresses himself... and can blow his nose too.. |
 |
| Ugh I think he's tired of the pictures. |
 |
| Nian on his Big Boy Bike.. Cheng just trying to figure it all out.. |
 |
| This is what I deal with every morning.. along with a dog at my feet. |
 |
And like his brother did before him, he's going to sleep through most of our visit with Papa and Mimi |
 |
| OH NO Dinosaurs on the loose... LOOK OUT!!!! |
thanks for the update. Yeah, Xiao Yu already knew how to blow his nose too. Funny...
ReplyDeleteMust be an orphanage thing..
Delete