OMG day from HELL... for me anyway......
The morning started off really good. We got dressed, went to breakfast, finished packing.. Took my Dramamine.. All was well. Until we hit the hot ass airport. I mean really could they get it any freakin hotter in that place? YES i'm sure they could...
So a few things happened to me once we entered said airport... My bitch switch got flipped, and my give a damn got busted. And if I was still a smoker I probably would have had a few packs.. I know I am not the easier traveler, and I know when I get hot I get cranky. THIS is one of the reason's we decided to head back to China this time of year. Becky here in mid summer would NOT have been a fun person to be around. And Yes I know I wasn't yesterday either. both boys were being needy, I was hot and cranky and just crabby all around.
Up until this point just my give a damn was busted so it wasn't too bad... The looks and stares from the locals were started to rub me wrong.. and the irritation level of being cut in front of was starting to creep up. I mean really wtf do you think we are standing in line for at the bathroom? It surely isn't to wash my hands. And good lord it's a squatty potty.. shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to get in and out of there.. Took me less WITH a toddler who wanted to walk around me. Or while Joe was trying to take a picture of Nian by this statue, this guy just steps in front of him to get his own picture and has the nerve to shoo Nian out of the way. Or the people who just "had" to get around me while we were walking to the plane..
What got my bitch switch flipped was on the plane, I'm sure some of you will play this one in your head while I'm typing. Cheng, God bless him, does NOT like to sit down. Oh he'll sit, but it requires me wanting him to sit, or Lord forbid a seatbelt then hell no this kid isn't going to cooperate. So i know there's no help for this, it's just the way he is. Try as I did he wasn't going to sit there without going stiff as a board while screaming full throttle. The lady in front of me turns around through the gap in the seat and says.... "What's wrong with your baby?" (pause for effect) I kid you NOT. those were her exact words.. Now can you imagine the look on my face to that one!?
I told her he's tired, upset and doesn't like to be confined BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY there is NOTHING wrong with my baby... (in my mind she was getting the f bombs full force along with my wrath). So I put Cheng in my lap, we took off and he promptly fell asleep. And later when he was awake and wanted to play with the tray table I LET HIM....
Lord knows I try to be a good Christian and I am a poor one at best. I was not going to let that lady see me at my worst and I was NOT going to break down in tears at her comment, no matter how badly I wanted to bawl at that moment. So I prayed... I prayed for Cheng, I prayed for me, and I prayed for that lady and others like her who think it's ok to be rude to other people - because really that's what they know and they don't see it as being rude. And I shouldn't have let them fart around with the tray but I didn't care. I had hit my limit. Once we got to Guangzhou I also took my time walking down the steps with the boys cuz ya know I can be that way and I was freakin done...
We got our luggage and met our guides Jocelyn and Grace we had them last time too. We headed over to the air conditioned bus, cuz seriously it was nasty hot and humid down here.. in the low/mid 70's.
 |
| most of our group |
 |
| Oh that's about the only joyful thing today |
 |
| Evan, Caleb Joe seats |
 |
| Me and boys seats |
 |
| and so the flight begins. |
 |
| not sure when this happened I fell asleep |
 |
| Photo by Nian |
 |
| Glad I'm not the only one ready to get off this plane! |
That flight was pretty much torture for us, too!
ReplyDelete