1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

3.1.14

Today I woke before the alarm and while I would have loved to have had some time to myself, little brother had other plans..  So we were all up around 5am.  well all of us except Nian, lol. no surprise there.  

We headed down to breakfast where Little brother promptly threw another fit about having to sit in the high chair. (insert eye roll here- seriously)  I'm not sure what his issue is but last night Evan and I went to Starbucks and he, little brother not Evan, screamed I mean SCREAMED the whole was from our room to the lobby..  It was a good time.. He did not want to be in that stroller. I can't wait to get him in his car seat when we get home, Lord help me!!!!  Seriously you've no idea...  I get the same reaction with a bib. OH and if he doesn't want to walk he just stops. Right where he is...  in the middle of the subway while walking...  and he's dead weight.....  right there..  ugh...  but I still love him.  

We met our guide at 830 and headed to the subway, where yes we promptly stopped walking as mentioned above...  We took that to the Zhengzhou train station and headed down to Zhumadian (sounds like Jew Man DiaN) where little brother was born.  It was about 1 hour train ride.  It was really windy here too. Some type of lightweight plywood knocked Joe in the head, luckily he had his hat on and it wasn't too bad. He thought someone threw something at him, until he saw the board floating down. Scary...  So I don't think the train went as fast as it normally does. 

We got down to Zhumadian and took taxi's to the orphanage. It's a very clean orphanage and the wind was still whipping  everything around so the power was out.  I wondered why the drive just slowed to look at the intersection, then kept going.  but ya know they just do their own thing around here so who knows.. The LOCC (lily orphanage care center) was located on the 3rd floor of the orphanage.  You can read more about the awesome LOCC HERE.  The room was much the same as I had seem on other mom's posts, but a bit smaller I think than I was expecting. We barely made it into the room when the kids and nannies came around to see our little guy.  It was a very special and emotion time for us, me especially.  While every parent needs to make their own decision about an orphanage visitation we decided to go so we could see where he spent his life before us.  And to meet the friends and nannies he was leaving behind.  He was very excited to see the director who met us at the gate.  I feared that due to his rough start the other day he would want to leave my arms for those he had know all his life.  I soon found out how wrong I was and how my worry and fears were for nothing.  When I tried to put him down to play with his friends he wanted no such thing, and at one point when I was kneeling next to him his favorite nanny picked him up and he wanted nothing of it and turn with outreached hands to me.  And yes of course I cried.  This women helped raise this little boy who is now ours. How can you not cry when he wants back into your arms. We are SO thankful for these women who love our kids like their own.  And yes I'm crying now just writing about it. 

Our visit was much shorter than I would have liked but we had enough time to get what we went there for.  We also dropped off some donations, and a few care packages from other mama's. We were told all but 2 of the children in his room had families coming for there.  This made me sad to hear. All but 2......  

Nian was really good, but nervous at first. After our visit we headed to little's finding spot. We thank God that it was a very busy place, so we know he wasn't there for long. Quick stop for pictures then back to the train station for the ride home,  Again the strong winds delayed the train and then we were slow moving for half the ride.  The good news on this part of the trip was that we went right through LouHe which is where Nian was born so we were able to get some good pictures of his city. And he got to see it too.

We got back to the hotel around 230pm relaxed a bit and went back to the noodle shop for some food.  This boy is just like his brother was when we go him...  when he's done with something he's ready to go. He doesn't want to wait and if he has to he will throw a fit. A FIT.... good times...

Nian and little brother are so different yet a lot alike. I forgot how hard this can be.  and I mean HARD the kind that makes you break down a bawl hard..  Yeah i kind of hit my emotional limit the other night and just sobbed.  I know it won't always be like this and that it won't even be like this for too much longer, but boy my heart, mind, and soul was just so warn down I couldn't take another second. I am SO thankful for this wonderful man who I call Husband, and this beautiful caring boy who is now a big brother. They certainly bring me comfort whenever I need it. 

Nian has been SO great this trip.  He, like us, has so many adjustments to make with the addition of little brother. While he's 2.5 years old, he doesn't always behave like one, which is totally to be expected.  I need to remember that, just like I need to remember Nian is only 4.  I do know this boy has the cutest smile, the sweetest laugh when you get to hear it and he just LOVES the escalator. You should see how excited he gets when we are walking toward one. He loves me to carry him, but damn once he sees that escalator he wants to get down NOW,,,,, lol.  Then he gets so excited when we're done.  

Here is some pictures of our day today. Tomorrow and Friday we have free days so we're heading over to the Museum, it's free..  and more importantly it has DINOSAURS!!  Roar.....  Someone is super excited to see them all.  Then we'll have a group meeting where we'll get our official finalized adoption papers to go over.  3 sets of each set of papers. 

Thanks for all the continues love, support and prayers. We will be skyping with my parents tomorrow morning, which would be Wed night for you all.  Once we do we'll be sharing little brothers name. 

OH DC I miss you and your Metro....

lol I have no idea what my look was about


His favorite Nanny


back to me after 2 seconds. 

Feel free to cut across traffic and drive on the wrong side of the road.


Screw it that double yellow is just a "suggestion" anyway RIGHT???



Thanks for stopping by.  All your prayers would be greatly appreciated as we walk this new road as a family.  

1 comment:

  1. Becky, the picture of you holding C (after his nanny) is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete