1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Thursday, March 2, 2017

3.2.17

Today we all slept in.. for a change.  I turned the alarm off and back to sleep I went.  Little brother woke up around 1am and again at 3am. As much as I hated to put him in bed with us I did it as he would wake up each time I tried to put him back into the crib.  Much as I hate to start that habit we will do what needs to be done these next few weeks as we continue to build his trust and bond with him. Nian has been such a big trooper, big brother, and son. God sure has blessed us with this child.  Even though little brother can do things than we are telling Nian he can't do he is totally understanding of it. At least we feel he's "totally" understanding of it.  He's not complained too much, other than the occasional need to be picked up or carried...  cuz ya know his legs are tired even though we've only walked out of the hotel...  Hey if I could get away with being carried I would probably try it too. lol.

This morning we skyped with my dad, as my mom was sick.  We had a nice long chat, and we also got to see Isabel again.  Sorry the weather sucks for you all back home. It's mid 60's here and we're loving the sun shine.. Should be another 10 degrees warmer in the next city. but muggy ICK.

So now I can share with you son #2's name - Cheng which is pronounce Chang..   😇 His full name is Cheng Landon Buss.  The Landon is a family name on my dad's side.  My great aunt and uncle's last name was Landon, and they raised my dad. Since I got to choose the middle name this time that's what we went with! 

So we got a late start and headed down to breakfast around 9.  We left Caleb and Evan here to continue chatting as they just finished breakfast.  

Cheng did SO good at breakfast.  I was able to go fix my own plate without him fussing.  He also got into the stroller and stayed there which is a HUGE step for him.  A little squeezy brib didn't hurt either.  We met Reagan and her son Gordon in the lobby then headed over to the Geological Museum where they had DINOSAURS...  Once again we took the subway, lol i almost said metro, and after a few minutes discussion we found the right building. Good thing they have 2 large dino's out front that Joe say their heads or who knows how long it'd take us to find it. lol. 

Nian LOVED this place..  Dino's are a big favorite for him, Cheng could really care less. He likes the lanyards we have from CCAI with our info on them, his snack cup, stacking cups, and plastic silverware.  And the cameras, and my chapstick, and my papers, and baba's phone, and just about anything else he shouldn't be touching.  ;-) 

We got back and went to the Italian restaurant for lunch, and look what Evan ordered...


He said he had no idea it was the same one I ordered the other night or he never would have ordered it. It started a whole round of laughter again. Joe commented that he wasn't sure what I was going to do when he saw the look on my face.  Evan, bless him, just laughed and made a joke out of it all.  Cheng wanted nothing to do with pizza, but he did like the bread. You know your at a hotel that caters to adoptive families when the fancy Italian restaurant lets you eat in casual cloths with kids... 

We headed back to our room to unwind  a bit before our next meeting.  which was delayed but allowed for us to have an impromptu play time. We brought out the baseball beach ball and the kids had fun.  We got to catch up a bit with the other families too. 

The boys were getting restless so I brought them back into our room, while Joe stayed at the meeting. It was out in the hall of our floor, which half is filled with our group. Cheng decided he DID want a bottle so that made me very happy.  His papers stated he took 3 a day and he had yet to take more than a couple drinks of it.  This time he about finished it off, but didn't go to sleep as I though he would have.   I got online to start working on the blog and FINALLY was able to connect via Skype with Shellee.....   And that's when Cheng decided he couldn't stay awake any longer lol.   I fear he may wake up before midnight and get his 2nd wind, but I'm praying he stays asleep until morning. 

Nina was so happy to see Aunt Shellee, and told her she needed to be right here as he points to the other side of me. Oh no that didn't make me cry at all..... said no mom ever..  we chatted for about an hour then she had to get ready for work.  Ya'll actually are probably working right now, unless you got a snow day. 

Tomorrow we go with 3 other families to the Shalin Temple.  We didn't do this last time since it's almost a 2 hour drive, but seeing another mom's pictures of the place I knew it was something we'd ll enjoy.  You can read more about it HERE

Funny that I am dead tired by 8:30 here but can't get to bed before 10 at home..  So I am going to leave you all with some pictures from today and the previous days.

OMG Joe just asked if I moved the condoms or if they just added them to the drawer he's been putting all of his stuff in.  Apparently the hotel thinks we need as our adoption of 2 children from China shouts "this couple gets pregnant easily"..   LMAO thanks for the laughs Hilton!

Two things 1- lil bros rock! 2- he took his own socks and shoes off
another BIG step for him as he can't stand when I take his shoes off.



This kid has some habit of putting the blanket between his toe.

Didn't want to come back into the room so I left him to throw a fit.
Good big brother that Nian is, he brought him a toy, still didn't move.
but at least he's not fussing anymore. lol

Nian pushing his little brother around, in the stroller, and so it starts..


Aw it's blurry..  they were inside an egg



I think he just noticed that Baba was pushing him. 

AHHHHH  Dinosours.. 



Flight to Detroit. The guy by Nian offered to switch seats with me,
but it was such a short flight being in the middle was ok. 

WOO HOO we have our own flavor!!

That is ice on the river in Beijing

Cheng's lock on The Great Wall

My husbands long arm's can't get us all in. lol

Even the Dinosaur thinks Nian's vampire face is funny!













1 comment:

  1. They took the "emergency kit" out of our room as soon as we had Will with us too :)

    ReplyDelete