1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Heading into week 4

It's hard to believe we're starting week #4 of being home.  Seems like so long ago that we were in China.

Cheng is doing really good, we're still working on words.  I long for the day he "asks" for something instead of the current "eh eh".  Makes me think "Hey Lady get me that!" "NOW"....   Hard to remember that Nian did the same thing when he first got home, seems so long ago..  We are always correcting and teaching with what we do.  We'll get there.

We visited my work last week. It was great to see everyone, and feel the love. :-)  You all are the best and I miss you!  We also stopped to visit Aunt Paula so we got to see police cars and fire trucks all in one day.  In a few weeks we'll stop again, with Nian, before seeing the Dinosaur's at the Children's museum.  I know Nian will love all 3 places!

Cheng has started going into the bathroom, taking off his diaper and going potty on the big toilet.  He will use the little one at times too.  I was sick Sat and Sun and he was pretty much commando all weekend.  Only 1 accident otherwise he was going right to the potty. Another chance for learning.

It's amazing how far he's come since we got home.  In some areas he's ahead of when Nian got home, in others he's behind.  We need to look at going to the dentist soon.  I don't think brushing exists there, at least not for the kids. Although he does like to brush so we allow him to as often as he wants. Something that started in China following big brothers lead. 😉

We went to the park last week and boy this kid.....  Fearless..  it's seriously scary.  I told Joe "I see broken bones in our future".  Ugh.  Just had to follow big brother, who was doing so pretty "big" things himself. #growingtoofast

We have his Baptism scheduled for April 23rd and are very excited about that.  Decided to keep with our April dates, shouldn't be too hard to forget!  We'll put him in the same silks we had Nian baptized
in, I'm hoping they will still fit by then.

Nian is doing REALLY good.  We still have some brotherly issues, but I realized tonight at the playground just how far this little has come.  I can still remember when he was Cheng's age and learning so many new things.  To see him just run and have a great time at the playground showed me just how much my little boy has grown.  Which makes me sad and happy at the same time.  He's really starting to grow up.  But he's still my baby and he still wants his mama so I'll hold on to that as long as I can. These days won't last forever, and I know I'll miss them when they are gone.  and yes I am crying.  what did you expect! 😢  He'll always be my "baby".....

We watched my nephews son Caleb today, not to be confused with the Caleb that went to China with us.  This nephew is 6.  He and Nian had a great time playing together and we can't wait for him to come visit again.  He's excited to become a big brother for the 2nd time.  Nian asked why Ashley had a baby in her tummy.  I just said well some mommy's get their babies from their tummies, and some mommies, like me, get them from China.  That's just the way God made us!  Can I get an Amen!?  And that's OK...  We talk about all the different ways God made each of us, and also about how 2 wrongs don't make a right.  We discuss so much and me teaches me so much every day.

I can't think of anything else I need to update on so I'll sign off and head to bed.  Here are some pictures from our last few weeks.

Thanks for following along, sending your support, prayers, and love.  We have you have a Blessed week!

Gotta try on Daddy's pants

Roein at home, LOVE this leggings

Nian giving his bear a lift!

Got these for 64 cents!! Boys LOVE them, I love that they have veggies in them!




"seriously mom another picture"

I'M EATING...
So I'm in the office minding my own business and I look out to see this...  


He just HAD to let himself out to throw Isabel her ball. LOVE their relationship!





This is what happened when I set him in my chair during my work visit!

YES he really is pulling Nian in the wagon.  This kid is STRONG..  He pulled him half way home!

Grown so much

Oh My when did this happen...

Oh My Lord help me!

They were having a great time together, I think they forgot they were brothers.
LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment