Sorry for the delay in posting. We lost internet connection at the hotel, again. Not sure what that was all about. I'll try to get you updated on our last few days....
3.10.17 - It was in fact another lazy day for us. We slept in a bit then Skyped with my mom in the morning, then headed to breakfast. We had a 12pm meeting to get the kids Visa's and go over some last minute info. We then headed out to the lake park which was really cool. Someone, we don't name names, decided to throw a HUGE fit on our way out when I put him into the stroller. Which lead to me telling many people to
turn around... No need to stare at a child throwing a fit. Nothing new to see move along. UGH I was so over it at this point. Which is where I was last trip. It takes a toll having people stare, and stare, and stare.... I know it's just their nature and how they are but it gets old real quick. Can't wait for the flight home. We headed to the Pizza place for our last dinner in China. It was really good. Then back to the hotel to continue packing. Bags needed to be out the door by 730am.
3.11.17 and so the long day begins!!! We are leaving 80's and rain to come home to, what we learned was 20's. ICK.. As we were going through the security check point to get on the first plane they told Nian to go ahead through the medal detector. I was livid... I asked the guy why he thought it was ok to send a child, A CHILD through by himself while the lady was still checking our passports. Who f*cking does that shit? Ugh.. Yeah Ugh is right Mr.... Yeah she hadn't even verified him to his passport cuz they grabbed Cheng's and then looked confused when it didn't match. The thought of being delayed to leave kept me from speaking more than I had already. No comments on our first flight out, but more turn around was heard. seriously.. We were so ready to go.. Made it to Beijing with no problems but had to go through 50 gazillion stages of security checks, and customs. Which I thought was odd since we weren't coming from another country. And of course Joe got picked for the Random check while trying to board the flight home. Nian was with him so that was just really weird. I was relieved to see 3 other young ones on our long flight home. Woo Hoo we didn't have the only screaming kid. No one seemed to mind this flight which was such a blessing. The guy on the other side of the aisle from me was so great. He told me I was doing a great job and that we can't control what our kids do and no one cares. Made me cry to hear such nice words from a stranger especially after the major melt down Cheng had at the start of this flight. I passed that on to one of the other mom's who was walking past me with her little one a little later in flight.
He has 2 fun things he likes to do when he's upset. Go limp and lay down.. good times. The going limp thing drives me nuts I must say.. Especially when he doesn't want to walk anymore.
Cheng slept for a little bit in the beginning of the flight, then was up for most of the remainder. I myself could barely stay awake with about 3 hours left but this kid is crafty and I was afraid of what he'd do as I was nodding off. Nian was awake for maybe an hour then he was out like a light. Joe got him up to eat at some point but then he was out again... Oh I pray they are both like that our next trip or I might just go crazy. lol
We got to Detroit a bit earlier than expected Thank you Lord.. and quickly got through customs. Though the boys got stopped a quick second when they tried to come through with us to the fast line. We made sure they were either with us or had Nian with then so there would be no questions about flights. Guess who got a random check going through TSA again? lol they sure have changed a lot since we were through last time. Oh and another guy who turned around a bit during our flight commented on the little guy who wasn't very happy during our flight. He was super nice about it too and laughing that he was just expressing what everyone else was feeling on it being a long flight! Only he could express it since he was a kiddo.
Was so excited to get my regular drink at Starbucks only to be told the guy couldn't make blended drinks and he was also out of iced coffee... Ugh seriously.. For some reason China doesn't have the Mocha Frappuccino's just java chip.
So our flight out of Detroit was delay because the plane we were boarding just arrived from an international destination so Customs was going through it. about 20 min delay there. Glad we were able to get new seats assigned. they only had singles when we left. which you know will not work for 2 toddlers... The gate agent told Joe she'd see what she could do, she looked none too happy. I said we'll see if the bitch comes out of Becky later too.. Sorry long days of flying with little sleep make me a bit bitchy! But she came though and got the 4 of us in the same row! My idea of bribing Cheng with mini M&M's worked for about 5 minutes then the screaming started up. Maybe we should have waited instead of getting on board early. So I told the flight attendant this could be the longest short flight we'd had all day! Once again I said screw it and just held him while we took off. We both slept for that short flight, though I kept waking myself up every time he started to slip.
Finally we were HOME!!!! Such a long, eventful, emotional day it had been. Since we were wide awake we started to unpack and put stuff away. The boys had fun playing with their new toys that would left at the house by a few Aunts. Isabel was so excited to see us, and must have known what we were doing because she didn't give Cheng much more than a sniff and a glance. He on the other hand stayed clear of her. We'll have to work on that one.. Nian informed us on the way home that we need to go back for a sister because he needed a sister along with a brother. We'll see where God leads us for that child. I got the boys to bed, yes BED I honestly was surprised that Cheng stayed in his toddler bed as I'm sure it's a first for him. I did have to lay down until they feel asleep but it was a big step and I'll take that as a win. So 3am, with the time change, everyone was in bed. and up at 730 we, Cheng and I, were.
We THANK YOU so much for all the Love, Support, and Prayers you have given us during this wonderful journey. As usual I will keep updating the blog as the days go by. Here are some pictures of our last few days.
Blessings to you! Love, Joe-Becky-Isabel-Nian-Cheng
 |
M GO BLUE!!!! And no he's really not choking his brother, the pic looks worse than it really is. |
 |
| Tunnel under the street to the park |
 |
| Warning! If you can't make it to the next block you'll fall into the water. |
 |
| There's the shot I've been waiting for! |
 |
| My view while in/using the squatty potty! The struggle is real.... |
 |
Would be better without the light and trash bin but it was cool.
|
 |
| Hey kids take a ride around the lake in your own fighter boat. |
 |
| Just watch out for the mines while cruising around... |
 |
| I don't have anything for this one...... |
 |
| OMG Mom is not pushing my stroller... |
 |
| Sadly the only way Joe gets to push him is while sleeping.. |
 |
| I thought this was cool, the stones on the right were put in standing up. |
 |
| Be sure to sit with your back to your friends while in the park. Not sure why... |
 |
| Rockin big brothers rain boots. |
 |
| Loves my freebie! |
 |
| YAY they actually both slept in their own beds.. |
 |
| Someone is hungry.. |
yay! welcome home and congrats on surfing trip #2! -Elvin
ReplyDelete