I thought for sure yesterday would be our day.. Cheng was up around 3am, Nian at 4am. Someone threw a fit when I got in the shower and locked them out. No it wasn't Joe.. lol.... This led to Cheng falling asleep in the hall, it's a win for us... Nian and I headed to drop a baby & big sister gift off to the Toft family, and then hit the store for some supplies. Much needed Mom and Big Brother time. It was great.. Cheng woke up about 30 mins before we headed home and was full of crying and screaming for Joe. Poor guys. They'll get there.. Such a big change from Gotcha day where he was all about Dada.. I tried to keep him awake as long as I could last night, I was hoping to get him to stay awake until at least 7pm.
NO
SUCH
LUCK
Boy was out cold by 530pm. No amount of prodding was getting him awake. Nian was close to follow but I'm not sure who was out first as I only remember waking up to find him out as well. Oh and 2 adults, 2 kids, and a spread out dog CAN fit in our queen size bed.. Always good to know.
Cheng is also making progress with Isabel. Who he is now calling ball ball. I tried to get him to call her Bel, so ball is close enough. He gave her a hug today and she will actually tolerate him sticking his face by her while she's eating.. I think it's because he secretly feeds her whatever food he has in his hand. It's like their own secret code... Much different from when Nian first met her.
Oh these boys and their differences. Never a dull or quiet moment in our house. OH except for right this moment. WOO HOO.. Nian is in his room being quiet for once in the last 3 days, and Cheng is mad at me for flicking his hand away from something he shouldn't be touching. And there it goes.. ugh... someday I'll miss this and wish these crazy days back. At least these times bring me closer to our Lord, cuz he knows I have been praying more these last few weeks.
Everything has been going good here. We've been blessed with some meals from family and church members. With our weird sleep schedules not having to figure out dinner has been wonderful.
This kid is so smart. We are working on some words, and he's getting them pretty good. He understands most of what we ask/say to him. He likes to brush his teeth, ALL the time.. There's another win for us. While he's still in diapers, he take every opportunity to take it off and copy big brother on the big potty. It's great! 😲 but really it is, so I'm hoping that transition will go quickly. He LOVES water, which will be very scary when we visit Aunt Vickie and Tom Tom at the lake this summer. But we hope he'll have fun with Libby in the pool as well, she loves the water too.
Well he's out like a light, LOVE that about this kid. Nian was hit or miss for waking up when getting out of the stroller. Cheng is a hard sleeper didn't even stir when I took his coat off. or yanked his boot off. woo hoo!!!!!!
Anyway here are some pics from our last few days. We're going a little stir crazy and hoping for some warmer weather..
| My little helper! |
| No idea what's going on here.. |
| YES they can get along on occasion! |
| LOVE me some eggs |
| I want more.. even tho I have my mouth FULL of egg |
| What better activity then to mow the lawn. |
| AND throw Isabel's ball for her, which she loved. |
| Nice thing about cold weather is the bubbles don't pop when they hit the lawn. |
| Mowing is rough work!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment