SO hard to believe we're almost to our Gotcha day. I was just talking to a co-worker Sydney today about it. Yeah I started crying. pretty much like I am now too. But that's tomorrows post.. The nice thing about the train was that we didn't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to hit the road. Here's our day last year, along with a mix of posted and new pics. I didn't realize how many Nian took while on the train. Most of the pics below from the train he took. He had a good time hanging out with the boys and Reagan.
We enjoyed a nice breakfast and slow morning to finish packing. We met our group downstairs around 10am to head to the train station. What a trip that was. It was about this time that I thought to myself, "I probably should have taken my Dramamine", luckily I didn't need it. The ride was mostly smooth with just a little rocking once in a while. The scenery was beautiful and reminded me of our visit to Nian's orphanage in LouHe. We also met 1 more of our group here while the last of our group would meet us at the hotel.
We purchased a big bowl of noodles at the station and enjoyed those on the train. The cleanest bathrooms I've seen yet with is normal full size toilet. The snack pack they gave us had some nice items in it but no one seemed to like "the meat thing". I didn't try anything as I wasn't sure how my stomach would be so early in the trip. We did enjoy the train much better than flying, which is what we did last time.
 |
| Leaving Beijing for the train station. |
 |
| Waiting room |
 |
| Main lobby
|
 |
| Nian's about to get on...... |
 |
| Not sure what this is but they played stuff like this ALL the time over there. |
 |
| Is it a snack? or |
 |
| A hat? |
 |
| Hi Evan |
 |
| Hi Caleb |
 |
| Pretty good selfie |
 |
| Hi Mom and Dad |
 |
| I don't remember seeing the next set of pics... |
 |
| OMG Evan is SMILING!!!!!! |
 |
| He really like taking pictures of the boys. |
We met our guides Rita and Tina and headed off to the bus to go to the hotel. The great thing about our agency is that they told them we had adopted before and what Nian's chinese name was as well. It was nice to have that little extra connection. I should mention how that we are the only family, in our group, who has adopted. It's nice to know what's coming and we feel much more prepared for everything.
 |
Super excited to handle his own luggage, and much happier
compared to when we landed in Beijing. |
 |
| Rita and Tina |
 |
| George and Ginny |
Once on the Buss we got our beloved red lanyards with our info, our most updated info on little brother, and our schedule for the week. We got checked in to the hotel, settled a little bit, had a short meeting and then headed over to Walmart for some last minute items. This time we stayed with the guides and were on top of the puffs and formula. PUFFS.... We decided to get a stroller this time and took a guess on the diapers.
 |
| Hi my name is Becky and in 24 hours I'll be bawling.. |
 |
| Waiting to check into the Hilton, a diff hotel than last time. |
 |
| Little brother goes here!!! Let's hope he sleeps all night. |
 |
| Hey Ev wait up.. |
 |
| There's the shorts.. |
Once back at the hotel we headed out to get some dinner. We stuck with a hotel restaurant and got some pizzas. Who knew they would make them 1 at a time.. At least they brought Nian's out first because he ate 1 piece and then promptly fell asleep. Mine of course was the last one out of the brick fire oven. We all had a great laugh at how it looked. I can only image what it would look like had I left the ham on it. I of course was tired and let our a verbal wtf upon seeing it. Good thing Nian was sleeping. Oy Vie..
 |
| China has this thing in their hotels with Glass in the bathrooms.. |
Thanks for following along. I'll try not to be so late in posting tomorrows..
No comments:
Post a Comment