1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Saturday, February 17, 2018

2018 Year of The Dog


If you've been to my house you know everyday is "year of the Dog". πŸ˜„   Last night we headed downtown to the inarguable Lunar New Year Festival.  I'm actually surprised they have not done anything similar before this year.  We do have a fairly large Asian community here.   They started with firecrackers then a walking parade through a little part of town. It got a bit colder than we thought it would be but it was fun.  Cheng was not surprisingly a bit scared of the large dragon and of course the Lions.  I felt like a monkey the way that boy was gripping me with both arms and legs.  If only he'd do that every time I carry him instead of the random - let me lean back when you least expect it so you can just be thrown off course.....  After the parade we headed inside to a very crowded small area to get our prepaid tickets and slowly make our way inside the venue. We made it up the stairs and slightly inside the doors when everything came to halt!  After a bit I sent a text to Kristen to see where they were, and they were just getting into the parking area. I told her not to hurry as we were not moving at all...  She said just like Chine eh?  I had to laugh cuz ya know if we were in China people would be pushing their way through and we'd actually be moving!!!! πŸ˜„  Being their first year it was a bit chaotic, but I'm hopeful next year will be much better. They boys were super hungry by time we got some food, and had fun making dragons.  I also got some info on the different Mandarin Immersion classes, and also one that offers busing if we can get in.  Sadly we might be too late for Nian for this fall, but maybe next year! The boys (all 3 of them) hit their limit around 8 and soon after there was the big drop of the frozen Boba drink. πŸ˜’ Of course right in the middle of the entrance, and of course we just "had" to play in it..



Can you tell Cheng was taking the pic? 
All the ones before this were selfies of himself..


The blue and red blurrs are the boys squeezed in between Joe and I

His dragon is moving fast!!!


On Tuesday I went to the boys school to help Nian's class with a craft for Friendship day.  The kids seemed to like the crafts Nian picked out and I had a great time sharing and see how he spends part of his day. Thankful that Cheng had NO idea I was even there..


After school we stopped for some lunch, it was actually in the budget! Headed home to eat then went down to my work cuz that's what the boys had been wanting to do for a while.  They had ice sculptures all around Monroe Center so we started by checking those out. The boys asked about the Rosa Park sculpture so we also go a little history lesson as well.  They had fun at my work with one of the Captains that goes to Aunt Brennies church, and then about 20 mins later hit their limit and we headed home. Cheng slept for a few hours but Nian was right awake once we parked the van. He complained that he was almost asleep so I told him he could sleep in his bed, he wan't thrilled about that idea. LOL.  Belinda stopped by with some garage sale goodies for me and we had a nice chat.  Thanks Belinda it was so great to see you.  And we SO appreciate the donation for the sale.  Time to start working on saving for Buss Baby #3.

The Might Mackinaw Bridge

Rosa Park



Nian had the share bag and snack on Friday for school.  We sent red envelopes for the kids, and also Chinese rice crackers to with the penguin cheese crackers Nian picked out.  We also sent a few books about Chinese New Year and a lantern project along as well.  The kids seemed to like that and they even had a parade.  His class also went sledding and the pictures show how much fun they had.


Today I'm headed for some sister pedi time (again with my budgeted fun money saved up - cuz we're on a budget now) and some Chocolate thru Lowell....  So need a mom moment... 

Soon I'll be starting the memory moments again and I hope you'll follow our memory journey to Cheng.  I'll try of course to add some updates, and comparison photos.. Here's a bit from our post a year ago..

We continue to talk to Nian about little brother and all the changes coming, good and bad.  We are trying to prepare him as best we can, while learning our selves.  I know I'm not the first, only or last mother to worry about how adding another child will changes our lives.  I use to wonder if we had given him enough time with us before adding to the family.  I don't anymore because I know I could go crazy worrying about that, and really people do it all the time. 1 is 2, 2 is 4.....  

This weekend we are going to focus on getting our bags packed, and cleaning the house.  We have our final travel packet form CCAI and a general schedule for the whole trip.  We are excited to see China again, and meet some new guys for this journey.  I am sad that our one guide Yesha will not be with us when we meet little brother, as she was when we met Nian.  I really wanted her to see how much he has grown, and how far his scar has faded.  That was a big scare for us our first night with Nian. She was such a lifesaver for me...  It was nothing too major, we just weren't aware of it because communications were mixed up at the orphanage, so that's all there is to that. 


Thanks for reading and continuing to share in this wonderful journey.  Blessing to you this weekend, and coming week.

1 comment:

  1. How neat that your community has that new parade! I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete