I do remembering being super tired while Nian was bouncing off the wall. It was so great to finally be there and I wanted to get out and experience the city more that we had the last time around. And meet the other families in our group....
Joe got the movie Girl on the Train not too long ago and asked if I wanted to watch it. UGH that part I do remember.. He said he didn't speed up at all... here's a bit from 1 year ago, I do remember falling asleep while trying to update the blog. lol
It took me a good 2-3 hours to watch the Magnificent 7. We had a hot towel, drink, snack, lunch during this time. Oh and someone with an airborne peanut allergy is on board, so much for the snacks aI packed. Oh well can't help that.
I'm trying to watch girl on a Train but I just can't get into it. It's too damn s l o wwwwww.... We are currently over the North pole which is awesome. Nian slept about an hour and has been flipping through movies since then. I am so freaking tired at this point!
7 hours to go and I think I'm going to lose it. Nian is fully wide awake. We are trying to be as quiet as can be which is NO easy task. The lady i front of us turned around a few times, and then on the 3rd time informs me, very nicely, that she was trying to sleep. Well GOOD LUCKY LADY I'm sure those 2 extra seats that your laying on should help. Told her he was wide awake and we're trying to be as quiet as can be... Pretty calm for ... Ha I just about fell asleep posting this.. anyway that was a pretty calm reply for me!
And we're halfway there... I've just watched the same scene in Joe's movie for the 3rd time.... I was disappointed that our "free' wifi doesn't work on international flights. Wish we'd seen that small print before we left and I would have gotten the wifi Delta offers. The blog will have to do.. I actually fell asleep while writing that. No rest for me this trip over again, and I could seriously fall asleep. ugh
Oh look Jason Borne got his passport cleared just in time!!!
Nian and I slept for what I think is a few hours, Him longer than me for sure, he didn't want any food when he got up except the snack sized snicker bar. His kids meal looked a lot better than my adult mean that's for sure. I started watching Julie and Julia again, I just love that movie. Always makes me cry when she get that letter from her sister about being pregnant. Oh I get those feelings, but I know God had other plans for us and that our Children come from China! So blessed we are!
24 minutes to go ad we'll be on the ground of both our sons birth country.....
| BEST part of the flight.... The tracker |
| Always LOVE this sign in the bathrooms! |
We manged to get off the plane quick enough and just took our time getting through customs, which was a breeze..We met our guide Jason and headed to the hotel. He had to stay back to pick up 2 other families but gave us a quick run down of what our itinerary will be.
Of course Nian fell asleep on the way to the hotel while the rest of us were WIDE AWAKE!!! Well he made up for it when we got into our room, this boy be bouncing off the walls. We relaxed a little bit then headed to 7/11. While in route we met this seemingly nice couple who that it was awesome that we were adopting. Hook, line but no sinker..... They really wanted us to go to her shop to look at some pictures and other things she made. that really pissed me off when we walked away. What a rotten way to try to take advantage of people.. ugh anyway we took right off. only to be hounded by the guy across the street about a tour to the Great Wall. No thanks, we have it already. Ugh guess we'll wait and go out when it's light outside.
Anyway it's 7:19 pm here and i'm dog tired. Nian needs a bath which I pray will calm him down a bit. Tomorrow we meet the rest of our group that's here at 9am to visit Tienanmen Square, the Emperors palace, and then an authentic homemade Chinese lunch via a rickshaw driver. Hope they poor man can handle it.!
Really hope the next trip we can ALL get some good sleep. and I will for sure have to try the drinks. Oh and get some wifi going... This memory lane is really making me long for being in China again. All in God's time.
These two boys are so funny. Cheng was singing last night in bed, and I hear him say "I'm gugu I get to do what I want. Hi I'm Nian I can do what I want." Joe and I laughed so hard at that I couldn't believe I kept my cool when Cheng was saying it all. He's such a trip. They both can be so much alike and then so different. LOVE THESE BOYS of mine!!!
Not much planned for us this weekend, still working on that Dave Ramsey way. Our budget is so tight you can bounce a quarter off it but I LOVE it.. We're going to meet our goals and get back to China.
Thanks for following our memory lane and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. STAY DRY my Michigan friends....
No comments:
Post a Comment