1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Friday, February 9, 2018

It's almost time...

I'm a few days behind on my post, but you can understand right!?

1 year ago on Feb 7th we received our TA - Travel Approval and our Consulate appointment.  It's so hard to believe it's been almost a full year since we headed back to China to bring Cheng home.  If I could back every year I would... One of the biggest concerns we had at that time was making sure we got Caleb's Visa back and that it would be at least a 30 day one, which it was. Then the real work started...  Last minute packing lists, getting our travel arrangements all set.  Changes had taken place since we brought Nian home so it was nice knowing we'd be taking the high speed train from Beijing to ZhangZhou.  So excited to take that.. And super excited to experience China with Nian and our nephews. So many changes were coming....

This week we had conferences at the boys school. We learned a few things about Nian and how he learns which is great.  We have some homework but we'll get it completed so he's ready to go for Kindergarten.

Cheng started later than the rest of his class, after Thanksgiving, and he had a big change with his teacher leaving at the last minute.  Let me be honest here and say I was little more than pissed off at how this affected my boy. I was tempted to email the teacher about her reckless way of handling her last day but some people just won't "get" what they've done. Everything happens for a reason... I already love his new teacher, and it's not just because she's a fellow adoption mom either! 😉

Anyway...   He is doing so GOOD at school, it just amazes us, and yet it doesn't at the same time. She was very surprised to learn he'd not been home a full year yet. And it didn't' surprise us at all that he had a little bit too much fun with the water exercise. They were supposed to fish for letters, but true to Cheng fashion he was too busy playing in the water and twirling the pole in the air. That's our little fish..  They boys stayed home while neighbor Mike came over to watch them. He must have run them ragged cuz for a change they slept through the night and DIDN'T come into our bed. Thank God... I finally got a good nights sleep.

Tomorrow we have our 1 year visit for Cheng's report, and a birthday party later. Tuesday we get our taxes done...  The boys have their Friendship parties that day too.  Next Friday is Chinese New Year.  Nian has snack that day so we'll be sending some Chinese goodies for the kids, and a special project too.  We'll also be down at DeVos enjoying the Chinese Association of West Michigan's inaugural celebration that night.  They will be having a parade and fireworks before the event starts. SO SUPER EXCITED....

Our friends Kristen, James, and Will are anxiously awaiting their TA for little brother. We are also Super Excited for them.. Can't wait to follow their journey...

I have to say it's been a lot harder for me than I thought it would be to not being working on another little Buss to bring home.. We're just not in the right place to start the process again.  but we're working on getting there....

Our Dave Ramsey budget has been going good. I realize I need to tweek the gas funds, and I forgot a few other categories that we need to add, but nothing that should mess with our figures too much.  Oh other than a bill I got for Nian's surgery from FEB 2017...... That was a crushing bill to see.. And of course we'll have to pay for it because it was in our part of the deductible. damn I wish I had noticed they never billed us. Oh that's right,... I was busy getting ready to go to China. Just over a full freakin year and they send the bill.. Maybe I should wait another year to pay it. LOL

Two weeks from today we'll start our look back to last year.. We hope you'll follow the memory train with us, and of course I'll update as well.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a safe and wonderful weekend. What is with this snow again.. I'm ready for it to be done.. Stay safe out there!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment