Happy February…
I can’t believe how fast January went this year. WOW.
I’m still longing to be in China, and will more as this month moves
along. After all we’ll be celebrating
our 1st Gotcha with Cheng at the end of the month. Our friends Kristen, James, and Will are
heading to China to bring home little brother. WOO HOO we are SO HAPPY and
EXCITED for them… Looks like they’ll be over there during the same time frame
we were for Cheng. Oh following their
journey will be so great, and will make me feel a little closer to China.
To beat the cabin fever here we headed out to Meijer gardens to get out and walk around while the weather was nice. They have a giant horse there, it's a famous horse but I can't think of what it's called. Unlike his year Cheng was not at all thrilled about the horse.. After we headed to World Market since I heard they had a nice Chinese New Year display. Love the legend of the Nian Monster..
We also enjoyed a nice bike ride to the local school and they boys chased each other on their bikes. Cheng had a few pills but at least he was riding upright and not hunch over looking at his feel like he was doing on Christmas. lol And of course once back home we had to do some bubbles..
The boys are busy as ever.. (Heaven help me). Last weekend was super nice out so I got
their bikes out of the shed and let them ride around for a while. We also went to my parents and they were able
to play on the swing set, and I was able to get the 2 tons 3 bags worth
of sand out of the play house and back in the sandbox where it belongs. Joe said WOW it actually has floor and it’s
not the beach. They also were able to play a little bit with cousins Jace and
Caleb. Although, Cheng was more fascinated by cousin Isaac and loved “holding”
him. I should have had Ashley take a pic dang it. L
![]() |
| I should have taken a before picture... |
So I’m not sure when but sometime after Christmas I started
listening to Dave Ramsey. My friend
Julie let me use her CD’s to listen to him Financial Peace University. Joe and
I decided we need to start the program. SO EXCITED!!! J We worked and tweeked our
budget and I’m super excited to say we start today!!! We (I) got out the colored envelopes and
listed each item we’d need one for, and don’t you know I forgot to bring them
with me today. But I did get the cash to
fill them when I get home. We are tightening that budget belt and can’t wait to
get debt free…. It’s one of our goals to
accomplish before heading back to China for child #3. We’d love for you to pray for us as we start
this great life changer. I am just SO excited I can’t even tell you how excited
I am to get started.. I KNOW we can
accomplish this and other goals we have set for our family.
We have been spoiled with the nice weather the last few
weeks, and today we get dipped down to 10 degrees, and windy. Ugh I am so ready for warm weather and the
lake… However, it’s Michigan and only February so we have a few months to
go… L
lol.
We have conferences at the boys school next week and then on
to taxes. We’ll also be celebrating
Chinese New Year in a few weeks, SO excited about that. The Asian cultural center here in town is
having their Inaugural celebration and we’ll be there!!!! Super excited to be
there for that! I better get the boys silks out to see what fits. J
Thanks for continuing to follow our family journey. Here’s some fun pictures of the boys!
![]() |
| YES you can do the dishes.. After I clean them of course. |
![]() |
| Helping with the chocolate chips |
![]() |
| Now they are both "helping" to make cookies |
![]() |
| That's a goldfish left outside. it was HUGE compared to how it started! |
![]() |
| Nian's awesome in the lines picture |
![]() |
| Cheng and Papa's picture from Dad's night out. |
![]() |
| Apparently parking like this is ok!? Oh and on a hill too. |
















No comments:
Post a Comment