1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Memories 2.25.17

Boy we must be coming up to a full moon the boys were SO full of it this am.. So sassy in public no less. Not sure what their deal was today but they better lose whatever they  have!

 We were able to get out for bit and "ride my bike" as Cheng likes to say and do.  It was winder and chilly but the sun was out and they burned off some energy.  I think more of it when we got home.  Cheng took the lid of the sandbox them proceeded to take his boots off to get into the sand box.  Little did I know he never put his socks on when I told him to get his boots on before we left the house for the bike ride.  This kid... I remember when we got home with him, and it was super freezing outside more than today, and he threw a major fit about getting his winter coat on. He wanted to keep just his sweatshirt on.  I should have known then....  He gave us a big scare tonight when we heard a large thud along with a big crash. I thought what could he possible be getting into. I think Joe and I flew through the house on that one.  My little busy boy decided to pull the bottom drawers our of his wardrobe to get to a top drawer for his fire fighter pj's. Thank God he wasn't hurt, just a slight scratch on his chest. I think I aged a few years on that one.  I'm always saying he's our little dare devil/broken bone boy.. And I know this is only the beginning of the kinds of mischief he'll be getting into. .

Here's memories from a year ago.  Hard to believe, yes I can remember it so well...




It's just amazing to look out and see mountains in the distance, as well as high rise in every direction. The building across the street just sits now about half done. Rebar is rusting and there are piles of wood laying around like little bonfires ready to be lit.  Sad really to see it all just sit. 

We met our group, + 1 more family down in the lobby then headed over to the Great Wall. Jason kept us all busy on the ride there with some trivia questions, we won 2 video's, and then some magic tricks. Nian broke his fan, but luckily he was able to put it back together. 

Thank God for the boys.. We ended up going to a different part of the wall this time. bummer because we wouldn't be able to put little brothers lock by Nian's.  But we were in the area I wanted to climb the last time we were here.  We could take the harder steep route, or the easier route. Well that was a no brainer for us. Caleb offered to take Nian in the carrier and off we went. I have no idea how he managed to get him up there but damn I wish I had his energy.  My legs weren't bothering as much as the breathing. I felt like I was hiking the mountain in Salt Lake City again. ugh..  BUT we made it to the top so I was SUPER HAPPY about that...  on the way down we did a small portion of the side track, but decided not to go further due to the amount of time we had left.

Only I could break down in tears on the Great Wall.  Bless this little boy of mine, every time we went into one of the towers he asked where Jesus was.. Joe explained they were Towers not Tombs.. But he just kept on asking. We reminded him that Jesus wasn't in the tomb any longer that he rose from the dead. Love how his little heart, mind, and body absorb so much. This kid does't forget stuff either.  

We slowly made our way down the wall.  Some lady was going on to me about I have no idea what. I can only imagine that she was wondering what I was doing with my son.  I just pointed to myself and said Mama. she just kept going on so..  I said Bye and started down the steps again.  Nian had a great time, and Joe got more pictures taken with the locals.  They just love him on the wall.  This side wasn't as busy as the other either so that was nice. 

After the wall we headed to the factory for lunch. Again a different place than last time, but the food was still good.  We did not make a purchase this trip.  I plan to shop with a local guide in our last city and she has told me she can get Jade at a good price.  I do know this place was a LOT more expensive than I remember the other being. After we headed back to the hotel, and drove past the 
Olympic sites.  Part of the group got off of the bus, while the others went on to the acrobat show. We decided to skip it, since we'd seen it last time. And honestly I was not impressed at all so there was no way I was going to watch that again.  It was a long day already. 

Nian was pretty worn out by time we got back, but as usual got his 2nd wind and was once again bouncing off the wall. Heaven help me.....We got his tablet working and we are ALL having some quiet time.  which means I'm doing my blog, Nian is watching videos, and Joe is napping. Shocker I know...  Not sure what the boys are doing but probably napping as well.  

We said goodbye to one of the families as they will leave tomorrow via plane for their daughters province, which is different from the rest of the group.  We still have 2 more families to meet in our group, and that will happen tomorrow.  We will take the bullet train, SO EXCITED, tomorrow to the capital city of Zhengzhou, in the Henan province which is the province our son is from, both of them actually.  We are so happy our agency now sends families via the train. We have been looking forward to experiencing this for some time now. Once we arrive in Zhengzhou our guides Rita and Tina will meet us and take us to the hotel.  We will also receive the latest update on our children, and then head to Walmart to get some supplies, which for us will include formula, diapers and hopefully a stroller.  

Tonight we will head out to the pedestrian road where I hope to find Starbucks so I can complete my mug collection with one from Beijing.  we didn't have time to find one last trip.  Joe thinks time here is flying, where I think it's going fairly slow.  I mean really I've been blogging a lot this trip, AND have a toddler... Some things sure are different this trip, even our outlook on it all and some are the same. We will also be visiting food row, yeah it's the one with all the bugs and nasty other stuff.  I'll post those pic tomorrow.. update - we didn't find the street cuz they actually moved it..

Thanks for sharing this journey with us, sending your love and prayers.  We feel your support here we truly do.   Here are some pictures from today adventures...  Enjoy!



Always these signs at the start of our climb of the wall...

The tower to the left behind us is the top



Nian loved the ride he got on the wall. who wouldn't!


And we start.
pretty steep in some sections



We made it!



Nian and Liam had such a great time together

Even little brothers Dinoosaur got to climb the wall!

We made sure he climb that last set of steps to reach the top.





Where's Jesus?

Am idea of what different size steps there are




No comments:

Post a Comment