Here's a blurb from last years post. I imagine Kristen is having the same packing concerns/issues we had..
Wow the last four days have just been a busy busy place here at the Buss house. We have been busy buying last minute items, packing, cleaning, and prepping. I think I managed to hit 3 different stores yesterday. ugh.. but the end result will be SO worth it.
Tonight was rough as I had to say Goodbye (for now anyway) to one kiddo, so I could bring another home. We went through these same motions 2 years ago when we dropped Isabel off at Aunt Brennies so we could make that trip to China to bring then little brother Nian home. Today we headed up to Rockford once again. The look she had just staring out the door. This little girl... ugh. I know she is in good hands and we will all miss her. It's fun to Skype cuz she will always run toward the door looking for us. She figures it out eventually.
Trying to pack for myself and 2 kids is not fun. We will be in China for about 17 days and living out of a hotel room. Even though I have done this journey once already it's never easy to figure out what to bring when we'll be traveling between 3 different climates. And of course there are too many cute shirts how does one pick our just a few. And then there are the matching brother shirts. Ugh the struggle is real here people! then here is this wonderful man who is the father of my children. HOW does he manage to pack so little?? Can you guess who's bag is who's?
Our bags coming home weren't much better.. lol. but he boys (my nephews) did get new luggage so that was good for them. We might just have to borrow it for the next trip....
I"m looking forward to reliving the memories over the next few weeks, and hope you are too. Please keep our friends Kristen, James, Will and new little brother in your prayers as they begin their journey. Especially Will as his life will be changing as our Nian's did and also little brother as he'll be leaving the only home he knows. Such heartache and confusion. We pray he bonds quickly and his grief starts to ease before they come home. Every child is different so we parents never know what to expect but we continue to pray.
Thanks for stopping by. Blessing to you and your family, may the Lord minister to YOUR needs this week and always.
No comments:
Post a Comment