Today Cheng had a HUGE 1st... and I almost missed it. Well I kind of did, but I still got some good pics. Joe took the boys sledding today in the new 6+ inches of freakin snow we got. UGH.. This snow bird is tired of shoveling.. but he headed off with both boys and Isabel, after the 2nd time we shoveled this am. I hollered FREEDOM.. lol. Joe turned and said yeah enjoy your 20 mins it's windy i'm sure we'll be back soon. So I shut the door and thought what should I do??? DUH take a picture of them before they get out of view..
That accomplished I have no idea what I started working on I think it was clearing the paper clutter on the table. Well a quick phone call and then I thought DUH dummy it's Cheng's FIRST time sledding go get pictures... Of course they were done on the hill by time I got over there but I did get some awesome pictures of them, and the zoom is on! Even Isabel behaved.. One of these will be in the pictures to China!
This weekend we started our Dave Ramsey envelope system for gas, church, groceries and other stuff. Super excited to start, figure out I need to rethink our gas figures and payouts. And it's a totally different experience shopping when you actually have pay closer attention to your total cost. Oh please don't get me wrong, I paid attention before but not so detailed. For example this week one of our stores is running their 10 for $10 with the 11th free. Normally I'd stock up on certain items with no much thought, but now we have a budget. 😏 So I only have so much each week to spend. Yes I could pull the full amt budgeted for the month but this is the way we're doing it to start.
The budget is actually fun and funny. The boys hear me say many times a week "it's not in the budget". One day a few weeks ago while getting the boys from Preschool to Daycare we passed Taco Bell. Cheng says Mom I want taco bell, my reply - sorry Cheng it's not in the budget. Next thing I hear is Nian saying that's ok Cheng maybe mom can add it to the budget next week. 😂 Oh that kid is going to be like his dad with his quick wit!
Tomorrow Nian has PJ Pancake date at school. And they get to watch a movie, he's super excited. We have conferences on Thursday, and Saturday we have our 1 year post adoption report visit from our social worker. I can't believe we're coming up on 1 year for our return to China. I miss it so much. I mean I don't miss the long freakin flight there and back but I miss the rest of it. Although the flights home were entertaining with the amount of times we had to go through security and how many times Joe got the "random check" especially since he had Nian with him each time.
Well dang there goes the computer time sucker again. Time to head to bed, after I kick these two out. No wonder I'm so tired... lol. Do you see Ginger in this picture?
Have a blessed week my friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment