1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Monday, March 30, 2015

Daycare Days

Let me start by backing up to my prior post.  We went to a family birthday party this past weekend and Nian met some new people who are not family.  Someone tried to pick him up......  To Nian this person is a Stranger, someone he "just" met.  I politely requested they not pick him up and  then felt guilty for it.  I explained later why we didn't want people to pick him up.  No one should attempt to pick up another person's child without their permission.  Let alone a newly adopted child. I know it might not be an easy thing to do, it wasn't for the grandparents, aunts, and uncles either.   We THANK YOU for understanding and respecting our wishes on this issue. Sorry for the rant I just needed to get that off my chest.

Yesterday we went to church again and sat up front this time, our usual seating area.  Nian was awesome and didn't fuss much until the end of service. He sure did like looking back at the congregation though.  I hope they enjoyed it too.  We stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way home.  Just like his mom, Nian loved the munchkins.

We've been working on keeping his ears covered when we wash his hair, and having him tip his head back.  He's gotten really good at both and doesn't scream anymore when we wash his hair. I'm sure his ears healing has helped as well.  He's even started washing himself, after Baba washes him that is.  But he's getting there.

Today Joe and I took Nian to his Daycare. This was a solo run for a few hours.  He was great when we dropped him off.  I of course had some tears but kept them at bay until we left the house.  He did Great there.  When I got back to pick him up he didn't want to leave.  For some reason he got afraid when he heard the father of the house. He did that the other day when we were there as well so I'm not sure what that is all about.  At least he will be going back to work shortly after Nian starts going full time.  We are so thankful that he did good and had fun with the kids.  I was really worried that he might freak out when we left but he was great and didn't fuss at all. This makes going back to work much easier for me.

We also went to my work to visit some people and see the trucks.  We pretty much stayed in the garage for this visit as I didn't want to overwhelm him with seeing everyone in the building all at once.  Sorry for those of you that missed our visit, they'll be another one in the near future. 

We plan to have a relaxing week, and turn our focus to our Lord and Savior Jesus as we prepare to celebrate Easter.  What a blessing to know we are saved because he gave his life for US that Good Friday so long ago. 

Thanks for visiting and God's Blessings to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment