I thought I'd take a moment to let everyone know that while we are still cocooning we hope if you see us out and about that you will stop and say HI. While Nian may just stare at you, give you a wave, or high five we welcome you to meet him. We continue to ask that you not pick him up or feed him. To us you may be family or friends, but to him your a stranger. Once he gets to know you better we hope he will freely give you an open armed hug. Right now he just does a lean in hug.
I return to work in a few weeks so we may or may not be out and about as much. Plus Nian is currently working to clear his double ear infection and upper respiratory infection so home is a good place for us. He is not contagious so no need to worry if you see us. He is doing much better today now that he's gotten some much needed sleep and has had a few doses of meds.
Today was a HUGE day for him as we went to meet his daycare providers. After about 10 mins he left my side and started playing with the other kids. This is a BIG step for our little guy. He had a great time in the hour or so that we were there. We will plan about a 2 hour solo visit next week. What will Mama do while he is there? I might have Joe drop him in the am as if I was already at work. We have some time to figure it out yet.
Thank you for your continued understanding of our Cocooning and your support of our new family. We hope to see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment