I had to do a quick post before I totally forgot these important steps Nian has taken. This blog not only shares with you all what's going on but will also serve as a scarp book of sorts for Nian, and us, to look back on in the years to come.
We watch the Cars movie just about every day. And crank the volume during the "Life is a Highway" song section. Yes Nian dances every time, even if he's in another room!
This week we went to visit our Pastor at church. BIG STEP - he gave Pastor a hug before we left (on his own cuz he wanted to). And on the way out when we stopped to see some of the ladies he gave Pastor's wife the same hug! TWO in 1 day. That's HUGE in our world!!! High fives are the norm around here not hugs!!
Nian goes in his bed for both naps and bedtime. When he wakes up I cheerfully (most times) go in and quietly talk to him until he's calm, if he's fussing. Then we talk about pulling the covers back, sitting up, scooting to the edge of the bed and getting down on our own. He's so smart he picked it up really fast. This morning he got out of his bed on his own, I found him crying in the hall way. Yesterday after his nap I hear him playing his Jesus Loves Me Lamb just laying in bed. WOW talk about Big Steps!! We'll have to start working on coming to the living room/bed room once we're out of bed.
We pray when we sit down to eat, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. If we forget or don't do it quick enough (Nina usually has his food before we do) then Nian will drop his silverware (yes the real stuff) and hold his hands out for us to stop what we are doing and Pray! The Big Step is that he will now say Mmm Men when we're done. His open palate version of Amen! How awesome is that!!!
He has started washing his hands on his and brush his teeth. Baby steps here.
We continue to work on being nice to Isabel. That is still a work in progress. I can't wait for the day when they no long irritate each other as often. Typical sibling issues.
In a few weeks I'll start to take him for an hour or so each day to hang out at his daycare so he's prepare before I have to go back to work. We want to give him as much time as possible to get use to the new environment, adults and kids he'll be spending part of his days with. I am Thankful that Joe and my schedules are off enough so that Nian will only be there about 6 hours a day.
Thanks for sharing out Big Steps for this week. Hope you have a Wonderful weekend!
Blessings to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment