The day started by my sister saying I'm so glad it's Friday. I said yeah I know. Then realized DUH your a mom now your job isn't done just because it's Friday. I felt like laughing and crying at the same time. But it is SO WORTH IT!!!! We love this little boy and he's just the most perfect thing. GOD is good and he's given us such a Wonderful gift with Nian.
Monday Nian and I went to Meijer Gardens and purchased our Family membership. Then we went to see the Butterflies. It was super warm in there, which of course it has to be as the butterflies need it to be warm. But did you think this new mom thought about that while getting us dressed? Oh heck no. lol oh well you learn from your mistakes right! We went again on Wed and both times afterwards went to Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch and a visit. Nian has so much fun playing with Grandpa. I have some great video and photo's to keep those memories alive for years to come. He has definitely attached quick to Both Grandpa and Papa that's for sure.
He is really opening up more to both our parents, and we couldn't be happier. This weekend we will will visit more siblings. Today he gave Aunt Shellee a hug AND a kiss. He usually talks to most on the phone with her so that doesn't surprise me. And by "talks" I mean says hi many times and isn't in a rush to push the phone away while waving goodbye. He had a great time when we Skyped with sister Brenda and 2 of her 3 guys, as well as friends earlier this week. He's a little ham.
Of course we went to the store a few times this week, and he had to give High Fives to all the girls working. It's encouraging to see him opening up a little more each day. There are some people he just wants nothing to do with and you can clearly see that on his face!
We also took our little $9 stroller down the sidewalks a few days this week when the sun was out and it was a little warmer. Both Isabel and Nian loved it. I should have known he'd want to bring the stroller inside to push around. He pushes it back to the car after the Gardens, and yesterday he helped push the shopping kart. I tell ya, you don't need a treadmill when you have a little boy that likes to be pushed up and down that hall with an occasional chasing of big sister.
Isabel and Nian are getting along off and on so far, typical siblings. One minute he is loving on her the next he's hitting or grabbing her tail. She's been really great with it all especially since she's not use to a little "boy" being around. Jennell never really hung on her when she was over. It will take time like everything else but I know they will be partners in crime before too long.
The last few nights have been a bit rough as he was up a few times. Not wanting to stay in the bedroom we crashed on the couch. I think the lack of sleep isn't so bad, it's the interruption that gets me. If I could at least get a full 6 hours of sleep it'd be good. Such is the way our little boy is. God said it'd be good, he never guaranteed it'd be easy. I'm Glad though because he seems to be right where he should be based on all the information we know about adopted children.
I hate to say it's 6pm and Nian fell into a dead sleep 30 minutes ago... No way to keep that from happening. He so needed a nap. Joe just got home and Isabel started barking. The good thing is she woke Nian up and the look on his face was PRICELESS. LOL Wish I had my camera set up.
As most of you might know Nian decided my phone needed some coffee a few weeks back. I have decided to bit the bullet and go with a more "updated" phone. I currently have a Razor, which I LOVE. We have a new one but can't get it set up to our plan which totally sucks. It was actually our trip to the Gardens that made me decided to upgrade the phone. I totally forgot the camera and knew if I had an updated phone I wouldn't have to worry about that issue.
Well someone isn't happy so that means my Mom break is over. Thanks for stopping by.
Please pray with us for continued patience, understanding, and much needed rest for our little guy and us.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment