We started this week with Baking. It's never too young to start them baking and he LOVED it. He's a big clapper if you haven't guessed. But who wouldn't clap at doing such an AWESOME job. At one point during his cooking prep he did get tired of waiting for Mama to give him the next item so he started throwing carrots across the kitchen. He's just too cute, which of course make it impossible to be mad at him, and keep a straight face while explaining that NO we don't throw things from the table. We work on this one during dinner too.
| Mixing Pumpkin Bar Mix |
| Carrots going into the bowl, but not for long! |
Butterflies are in Bloom that much we know. He's warming up to them each time we go, and this last visit had the big Blue beauties landing in my shoulder. Love the blue bird as well. Of course he's like is dad with Water, and I have to add ketchup. Could eat a whole bowl just like Baba I bet!
| Waving Goodbye to the water. |
| Ketchup is it's own food group right!? |
Blood work and Blankets. He likes the one but not the other so much. My big brave boy had to get some blood work done. I think I cried more than he did and I am THANKFUL they didn't let us in the room when they did this in China for his TB test. He was great once the 2 girls were done getting the 4 vials (I was told it'd only be 2!!!). He gave them both High Fives and blew them a kiss before we left. I told y'all in a prior post he was a big flirt! He has come to LOVE the Blue Blanket I got as a bridal gift from my Mom's close friend Willie. She crocheted the edging around the blanket. He loves to play with it and put his fingers through it while having his bottle at night. Today before nap he asked me to cover him with is, which is another big one for him. He wants to be "covered" now.
| Smiley sticker on his arm with the Blue Blanket. |
Those marks on his cheeks are from him constantly picking/scratching. He joined the family with this unconscious habit. Most of the time it's while he's sleeping or taking his bottle. He's slowing starting to "don't pick" but some habits are hard to break.
He has learned to fan the air at bad smells. It's pretty funny sometimes. Today at the store he saw the lady who pulled in next to us with a cigarette in her mouth. You guessed it. He started fanning the air by his nose. Not sure where he experienced smoke smell as we weren't around much in China but he knew it was STINKY. I agree! As an ex-smoker I often ask my husband HOW did you stand to even kiss me when I smoked!? That's love! So happy I quit. And if you haven't yet Don't Quit Quitting you'll get there!
On the sleep front, I hate to write this but I did knock on wood, he has been doing really good the last few days. Sleeps in his own bed, and a few times while on the couch pre-bed he has giggled during his sleep. Is that not the cutest thing ever?? I LOVE it... He's got the cutest laugh.
We FINALLY got an appointment for the ENT Dr. but sadly it isn't until April. Their office has put us on a wait list in case an opening comes up. Please pray with us that we get something earlier.
Thanks for checking in. We appreciate you continuing to follow our journey. We are constantly amazed at how far we have come as a family, and how far Nian as come since joining us.
Blessings to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment