We got our TA – Travel Approval yesterday SO EXCITED…… We also go some quotes on flights, much
cheaper than I could get myself. So we’re hoping those are on hold right now. Leaving Feb 22nd,!
GOTCHA DAY – Feb 27th!!!! China is currently 13 hours ahead of us here
in Michigan so while you all are getting ready for bed on Sunday night (Feb 26)
we’ll be waiting at the Civil Service office to meet little brother. SOOOOOOO
EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today we got our CA – Consulate Appointment. This date gives us our return dates so we can
get our flights booked and locked in at that lower rate WOO HOO.. The boys can now get their time off and we
can get things moving. CA date – March 8th,
we can head home on March 10th!
There is so much for us to do in these next 2 weeks. Not
only at our jobs, but at home, school, lots of stuff.. But we’re as ready as we’ll ever be. SO EXCITED…..
So today I get the BAD MOM Award… No no this award is mine today, you can get
your own another day… Last week Kelly
(at Daycare) told me I needed to get someone to pick Nian up from preschool
because she was heading down to Florida. Yay ok no problem. Picked him update at daycare yesterday,
wondered where Kelly was said goodbye and left. Something felt “off” but I
didn’t think much about it I was in a hurry to get home and get our info to
Jeff our travel agent to get our flights put on hold. So you know what’s coming next right!? Yay..
Who has two thumbs and forgot to get someone to pick their kid up from
preschool? THIS MOM!!!! I of course, felt awful and started tearing
up in the middle of lunch with Nona, who quickly informed me (sarcastically of
course) I was the worst mom ever.. LOL
(yes I did laugh out loud), she also informed me that it happens to all of us
and I’m too hard on myself.. THANKS NONA!!!
It’s nice to have someone validate that it’s OK when these things happen and I
know I’m not the first mom in history to do this. In fact I’m sure a few of you have some
stories to tell on how you got your own Bad Mom awards… I am so thankful to have such wonderful Mom
friends who comfort and support me, and I hope I do the same for you too!
“1 us 2, 2 is 4” ~ Aunt Shellee. SO EXCITED!!!
Tomorrow we should have Caleb’s Visa stickered passport
back. Praying there were no issues with
it. And just like that while I was occupied getting our flights booked the package is already on it's way to us.
Once we have this we will be all set to travel as a pack. CCAI is currently working on finalizing our travel
plans. Once we have our flights
confirmed I’ll send them a copy and in a few days we should have our final
travel packet. This will have a basic
schedule of our time in China. We will
get a specific itinerary once we arrive at each city. I am so looking forward
to experiencing China through Nian’s eyes and excitement. I can’t wait to share the history of his
birth country with him, and especially our time on the Great Wall.
WOOT WOOT we have our flights booked.. Just waiting for Joe to get home to verify everything is good and then I can go upgrade our seats..
Time to get off of here and get dinner ready.
THANK YOU for sharing this journey with us. We feel so loved and supported by you all. We can't wait to introduce little brother to you all.
Hope you have a very Blessed night.
No comments:
Post a Comment