1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Thursday, February 23, 2017

And we're off!

Good morning to you all.  We are 13 hours ahead of you..   Here is how our journey has gone so far

We, or I should say I go to bed around 1230am on Tuesday night.  My plan was to get up at 230am to take my meds before any travel.  Not sure what happened with my alarm but I didn't get up until closer to 3am. We made it to the airport in good time, with just a short line to get our bags tagged.  It took us longer to get our bags, dressed from the TSA than it did to check in.

I had to wake Nian up this am which gave us some extra cuddle time.  It was bitter sweet for me knowing this was the last time he'd sleep in his room/bed as an only child.  The next time he'd fall asleep in that room would be when get return with little brother. So many big "lasts" for this little boy.


Nian had a great time on the short flight from GRR to DTW. I got a 2 second nap but we go in early. who hoo an extra 25 mins added to our 4.5 layover...  well geesh by time we got off the plane we used those 25 mins. We had breakfast at Max and Erma's them headed to our gate around 9am. I think I have the 2 other families spotted that had said they would be on our flight.  I later, once in China, found out they are both with the same agency (not ours) and were sitting right by each other.  This trip we had no one from CCAI with us as we did last time. Evan is fast asleep at the gate and Caleb is working on his own post.




I hope I can get some  sleep on this next leg of our journey,  Nian seems to be the most awake of all of us. The people moves are a favorite of his again not surprise! The biggest issue so far this trip has been my loss of my emerald from my engagement ring.  I have no idea when or where I lost it. I just looked down shortly after boarding in GR and say it was gone. Thank God we have insurance. Guess this will help us to finally get that new setting we've been discussing for a while now.


We found a play area for Nian, not what I was expecting but it kept him busy for about an hour. In fact I thought we'd be late for our flight but no worry on that.  Nian was so full of energy and I was about to keel over from lack of sleep. We headed back to the gate and go started boarding around 1115.

As we had hoped no one purchased the single seat in our row. That was nice to stretch out a bit. About an hour into the flight the Big Pop Spill occurred. Didn't see that coming at all..... but he is SUPER excited about the trip and bringing little brother home,  He crashed about 20 mins later - hope I can get some sleep..  lol yeah right

The boys have been great and we're all a bit tired. They say the flight should only take 13 ours which is nice but it's only been 2 hours at this point.. 11 more to go.


It took me a good 2-3 hours to watch the Magnificent 7. We had a hot towel, drink, snack, lunch during this time. Oh and someone with an airborne peanut allergy is on board,  so much for the snacks aI packed. Oh well can't help that.

I'm trying to watch girl on a Train but I just can't get into it. It's too damn s l o wwwwww.... We are currently over the North pole which is awesome. N slept about an hour ad has been flipping through movies since then.  I am so freaking tired at this point!

7 hours to go and I think I'm going to lose it.  Nian is fully wide awake.  We are trying to be as quiet as can be which is NO easy task. The lady i front of us turned around a few times, and then on the 3rd time informs me, very nicely, that she was trying to sleep.  Well GOOD LUCKY LADY I'm sure those 2 extra seats that your laying on should help. Told her he was wide awake and we're trying to be as quiet as can be...   Pretty calm for ...  Ha I just about fell asleep posting this.. anyway that was a pretty calm reply for me!

And we're halfway there... I've just watched the same scene in Joe's movie for the 3rd time....  I was disappointed that our "free' Wi-Fi doesn't work on international flights.  Wish we'd seen that small print before we left and I would have gotten the Wi-Fi Delta offers. The blog will have to do..  I actually fell asleep while writing that.  No rest for me this trip over again,  and I could seriously fall asleep. ugh

Oh look Jason Borne got his passport cleared just in time!!!


Nian and I slept for what I think is a few hours, Him longer than me for sure, he didn't want any food when he got up except the snack sized snicker bar.  His kids meal looked a lot better than my adult mean that's for sure. I started watching Julie and Julia again, I just love that movie.  Always makes me cry when she get that letter from her sister about being pregnant. Oh I get those feelings, but I know God had other plans for us and that our Children come from China!  So blessed we are!

24 minutes to go and we'll be on the ground of both our sons birth country.....  

We managed to get off the plane quick enough and just took our time getting through customs, which was a breeze. We met our guide Jason and headed to the hotel.  He had to stay back to pick up 2 other families but gave us a quick run down of what our itinerary will be.
It's always good to remember while in the bathroom!!!!


Of course Nian fell asleep on the way to the hotel while the rest of us were WIDE AWAKE!!!   Well he made up for it when we got into our room, this boy be bouncing off the walls. We relaxed a little bit then headed to 7/11.  While in route we met this seemingly nice couple who that it was awesome that we were adopting.  Hook, line but no sinker.....   They really wanted us to go to her shop to look at some pictures and other things she made.  that really pissed me off when we walked away. What a rotten way to try to take advantage of people..  ugh anyway we took right off. only to be hounded by the guy across the street about a tour to the Great Wall. No thanks, we have it already.  Ugh guess we'll wait and go out when it's light outside.

Anyway it's 7:19 pm here and I'm dog tired.  Nian needs a bath which I pray will calm him down a bit.   Tomorrow we meet the rest of our group that's here at 9am to visit Tiananmen Square, the Emperors palace, and then an authentic homemade Chinese lunch via a rickshaw driver. Hope they poor man can handle it.!

Thanks for following our journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment