We started our day a little later than normal. Nian had fallen asleep the night before while we were walking to mall looking for a place to eat. We ended up back at the hotel as all the restaurants were busy with lines outside. Nian slept through most of dinner but was back to sleep around 10pm. And awake at 1am.. good times.. but to be expected with the time change. Last night was much better.
| The flowers had LED lights in them. |
| Evan, showing Caleb the proper way to hold a sleeping Nian. |
We enjoyed a nice breakfast and slow morning to finish packing. We met our group downstairs around 10am to head to the train station. What a trip that was. It was about this time that I thought to myself, "I probably should have taken my Dramamine", luckily I didn't need it. The ride was mostly smooth with just a little rocking once in a while. The scenery was beautiful and reminded me of our visit to Nian's orphanage in LouHe. We also met 1 more of our group here while the last of our group would meet us at the hotel.
We purchased a big bowl of noodles at the station and enjoyed those on the train. The cleanest bathrooms I've seen yet with is normal full size toilet. The snack pack they gave us had some nice items in it but no one seemed to like "the meat thing". I didn't try anything as I wasn't sure how my stomach would be so early in the trip. We did enjoy the train much better than flying, which is what we did last time.
We met our guides Rita and Tina and headed off to the bus to go to the hotel. The great thing about our agency is that they told them we had adopted before and what Nian's Chinese name was as well. It was nice to have that little extra connection. I should mention now that we are the only family, in our group, who has adopted. It's nice to know what's coming and we feel much more prepared for everything.
Once on the Buss we got our beloved red lanyards with our info, our most updated info on little brother, and our schedule for the week. We got checked in to the hotel, settled a little bit, had a short meeting and then headed over to Walmart for some last minute items. This time we stayed with the guides and were on top of the puffs and formula. PUFFS.... We decided to get a stroller this time and took a guess on the diapers.
Once back at the hotel we headed out to get some dinner. We stuck with a hotel restaurant and got some pizzas. Who knew they would make them 1 at a time.. At least they brought Nian's out first because he ate 1 piece and then promptly fell asleep. Mine of course was the last one out of the brick fire oven. We all had a great laugh at how it looked. I can only image what it would look like had I left the ham on it. I of course was tired and let our a verbal wtf upon seeing it. Good thing Nian was sleeping. Oy Vie..
Today started early for us and I think we're all ready to get little brother. But this also allows us for a leisure morning. We are enjoying the time with Nian in these last few hours of "only child". And believe me he feels the change already.
We ask that you give extra prayers to both our boys today. Nian is nervous about how little brother will change our family life, and his place in it. Natural we know and we are working hard to calm his fears, they are SO real my friend.. Breaks my heart. We can't imagine him not being here with us for this so special day in our family and feel it's so important for them both. Little brother is about to leave the only life he's ever know, and the only "family" as well to come to us. Complete strangers and to a strange new world. We pray he will bond quickly and that we can help him grieve this huge loss as well.
We are ready to head down to breakfast and get our day going. I hope I can keep these tears at bay for a bit longer. Next time we talk we'll have little brother. We can't wait for you all to meet him!
Thank you for all your love, support and especially your prayers. We will need them all today!
Love to you - Joe, Becky, Nian, and little brother



❤❤❤❤❤
ReplyDelete