I have waited 2 LONG years for this to happen!!!!
It's nice to finally see these like this. When we first came home from China a little over 2 years ago Isabel came running to the door to see us and then stopped. Dead. In. Her. Tracks!!! and they stared at each other, then she looked at us as if to ask W T F? Those first few days they gave each other a wide berth and steered clear. Then the fun started to happen. They turned into typical siblings. Isabel would get on Nian's blanket, he would get mad and do something mean.
There was a big learning curve. She never once drew blood or bit him. She would loosely grabbed his arm as if to say Hey that hurt stop touching me. Most times she would get up and walk away. On occasion we would come into the room to put them each in their own areas only to have them look at us as if they weren't doing anything at all..
![]() |
| What Mom.. We're just sitting here....... |
We knew that wasn't the case at all.. They were two peas in a pod these two. It was a rough few years for them, and probably not even the full 2 years, but they learned to love each other, as we knew they would. Oh they still have their moments but from a bystanders view they are pretty funny!
As we head into the weekend and continue to count down the days (ony 4 now) until we leave for little brother I can't help but wonder.. Will she have that same look on her face when we get home and she see's him, or will be she be more aware of what's coming?
We continue to talk to Nian about little brother and all the changes coming, good and bad. We are trying to prepare him as best we can, while learning our selves. I know I'm not the first, only or last mother to worry about how adding another child will changes our lives. I use to wonder if we had given him enough time with us before adding to the family. I don't anymore because I know I could go crazy worrying about that, and really people do it all the time. 1 is 2, 2 is 4.....
This weekend we are going to focus on getting our bags packed, and cleaning the house. We have our final travel packet form CCAI and a general schedule for the whole trip. We are excited to see China again, and meet some new guys for this journey. I am sad that our one guide Yesha will not be with us when we meet little brother, as she was when we met Nian. I really wanted her to see how much he has grown, and how far his scar has faded. That was a big scare for us our first night with Nian. She was such a lifesaver for me... It was nothing too major, we just weren't aware of it because communications were mixed up at the orphanage, so that's all there is to that.
I am loving this weather, and we fully expect to enjoy the same in China as well, with even warmer/humid (ick) weather as well. We should arrive in Beijing to mid/upper 40's and then each city after should be about 10 degrees warmer.
Yesterday morning we watched a little bit of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood before I went to work. It was a great episode where he went to the Planetarium. She was showing him the starts that mad up Orion. Nian was fascinated! I told him when it got dark later at night we'd look for Orion too. Nian thought that was so awesome to see him up in the sky and also the bright planet of Venus. He even had to bring Baba out to show him too. And then this morning he pointed out the moon to me when we got up.
Time for me to get off the computer and get to work. So much to do yet and so little time. 3.5 days to go... It still seems so far off but I know it's 3.5 days away...
Thanks for stopping by and following our journey.
Blessings to you!

No comments:
Post a Comment