1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

T – 7 days!

Today is a full 7 days prior to travel.  It amazes me how fast and slow we got to this point.  How much time we still have left, and don’t have left.  How much we’ve gotten completed and how much we still have to do.

These past few weeks since TA have given me the chance to meet others who will be in China during our travels, as well as part of our actual travel group.  I do know there are 7-9 families that will travel with us, if not all at least part of our journey.  There are 3 kids total from little brothers orphanage. That is SO exciting and a blessing as I’m guessing the kids will know each other. What a wonderful familiar connection for our kids to have these first few weeks with us.  Everything will be so different and new, yet they will (hopefully) at least know each other and have a bond themselves.  And what a great gift we as their parents will have as well. Such a special bond we hope to have with these families.  We hope to bond with ALL of our group while there don’t get me wrong, I just think this is will an extra to the bonds that we make. 

It does make me a bit sad that we will not have our original sticky rice on this next trip, but we are blessed to have them in our lives and know they will be with us in spirit!  Oh you guys know there are so many places that will trigger special memories for us and we’ll be thinking of you all as we travel this path yet again!

This Friday is my last working day, and I will be off until May 1st.  Monday is a holiday for me so that saves me 1 vacation day. Woo hoo..  I am blessed to be able to get as much time off as I am because I know there are others who do not have the option. Like Joe who gets to head back to work once we’re home.  This time around we’re really going to work on him being the primary with little brother. And ya know if Nian had his way little brother would be all Baba’s and not so much mine. Lol.  Gotta love that kid!  We are constantly discussing the changes coming with little brother.  Both the positive and negative (at least to his little mind).  Like sharing mommy, not really a positive if you ask him!  But also, time, toys, friends, cloths, all sorts of thing.  While we will try so hard to make sure they each have their “own” items really there are PLENTY of toys in their room to share…  We have also been working on something we like to call “pretend you’re on the plane”.  We say this phrase as much as possible. I think he’s finally starting to get the concept.

Right now we’re waiting for our final travel packet.  Let me tell you this is a hard thing to wait for….  This packet will give us all our in country travel details, the tours, hotels, transportation, guides, and the big thing – the cost!!  This part of our process requires payment via certified check so we’d like to get that taken care of ASAP..  We have our last hotel taken care of since we’ll be using our points so that should help, and we’ve had a good idea of what the costs will be.  I just hope I don’t get sticker shock once we get our paperwork.  But oh well nothing we can do.  We are so thankful for all the support we’ve been given and blessed to have raised enough during all of our fundraisers that it won’t be such a hit to us. We’ve been saving, saving, saving…

This weekend we plan to hunker down at home and get all our last minute shopping done, as well as packing.  I just found out the passport size photo’s we have to take need to match. We currently have the pictures but they are not the same so back to the store we go. Ugh…  I know we’ll only need 1 of them when we get over there, but better to be safe than sorry.  We also want to get some toys to take over the kids at the orphanage when we go visit. We still need permission from the orphanage to visit and can’t request it until we’re over there.  Others before us have gone and visited so we don’t expect any problems getting the ok to go.

The weather over there will range from mid 40’s to mid 60’s so I have no clue what to pack. I’m thankful it won’t be as cold as our last trip there, but I know the wind can whip right through the square and emperors palace, along with the wall so who knows. I’m praying there will be enough fun and entertaining movies in-flight to keep Nian occupied, and I’m grateful to be able to get free wifi from one of our travel cards. So watch for in flight posts on our Facebook fundraiser page! And I am FOR SURE going to get some free drinks, well at least one, cuz ya know I’ll probably need it by then. lol

I hope to keep a journal of our travels so I can better update the blog.  I know last time it took a few days to get updates out, we were SO tired…  I have a plan of action this time around, and hope having the boys with us will allow for a bit of free time. Hey I’ll take what free time I can get while I can get it! 1 is 2, 2 is 4….. 

I have no idea where to start....  I got a few more items marked off the list today.  Nian will be going to Grandma and Grandpa's for a bit this weekend so we can bust some butt and get some stuff done. Looking forward to that as it may be the last of it before we take off..  Nian has been counting down the day on a calendar I made for him.  He gets so excited about going to get little brother.. 


Have a wonderful day dear friends and thank you again for the support, love, and prayers. 

Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment