1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Trying to catch ya'll up

Wow it's been a crazy, emotional, hard, grief filled, love filled, hello husband who are you again last few days.   Please continue to pray for us, especially our little guy.  He grieved pretty hard our first night together.  I think I got about 4 hours of sleep he got just another hour at most, and had NO nap. Last night went much better sleep wise, but I'm still trying to catch up, doubt that will happen now that I'm a mom!  This wonderful loving man and love of my life is a Dad.

Here is a photo our of son Nian. (NEE-ehn or the basic version like your Knee and the letter N)



Father and son are playing a laugh filled found of where's Baba through the window of the bathroom.  And of course the screen doesn't work right so it's open all the time.  Gives new meaning to never being able to go potty by yourself anymore! lol  He has also found the phone to be entertaining.



Today was another travel filled day.  We got up and took a lazy morning before heading down to meet another family and our guide at 8 am to head to LouHe where Nian was born.  We had to turn in some paperwork to get his passport,  Took us 2.5 hours to get there for less than 10 minutes of work. Afterwards we headed to the orphanage.  We always assumed that Nian spent his first 10 years months at the orphanage and didn't go into foster care until after his lip surgery.  We found out today that he only spent 2 days at the orphanage then went right to his foster family.  After a quick visit, along with a stop at the squatty potty , I've mastered this one!  We headed to both our childrens finding spots.  While we couldn't get the exact spot that he was found we have a pretty good idea.  It breaks my heart that he was so close to the orphanage but who knows why he didn't make it there to be found.  God only knows. I imagine that brave beautiful women felt just as heartbroken as I did.  I will never meet this women but I will see her everyday in the face of our child and thank God that she made the choice she did.

I will post more later when I can.  Right now I have a little boy who needs me to play.

Thanks for the prayers and following along. I promise I'll get our last few days updated soon.

Blessings from Joe, Becky and Nian


4 comments:

  1. lil guys's fav auntieJanuary 21, 2015 at 5:16 AM

    the perfect family love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. joer you wrote years and you meant months

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a handsome boy you have there! We are very happy for your family.

    ~ Roxanne & Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats guys!!! So happy to know you have your sweet son. Hang in there with the exhaustion. It gets easier. :)

    ReplyDelete