Nian slept GREAT last night. Didn't even wake up once. We are so thankful to the many blessings the good Lord has given us.
We realized early that this little boy is very smart. Now I know all parents say that about their kids but seriously this boy takes the cake. I mean we don't even speak the same language yet he understands us and picks up things so fast. We were reading a book about Toes, Ears and Nose and he knew what we were talking about just by looking at the pictures. Then he pointed to Mama and baba's toes too. He comes to get us when he has to go potty or answers when asked. And yes we did buy a potty here, but he will use the big boy potty as well. We even managed to safely pack and check in his potty for our next city, no cracks woo hoo.
I'm just now updating this more, it's Monday for us already. Such a busy/tiring time I wasn't able to find much time to update.
I honestly can't remember what all we did on Thursday I think we went to the Aquarium and just relax all after noon. Friday was a down day for us so we headed to the nearby park, Starbucks, and another quick trip to Walmart for a few last minute items. Hey Starbucks was on the way so what do you expect. It was the first time we'd been all trip surprisingly.
Most of the group was down at dinner Friday night as the hotel restaurant was doing a Farewell American food party and it was all half price so who can turn that down!?. Nian LOVED the balloons, but I'm still glad we didn't bring any as i tried to hide them the next day he saw one and threw a fit until he could take it to breakfast with us. What can I say this little guy is just too cute to not get his way for now, and it also helps us in the bonding process.
While Saturday was a long day the flight was uneventful. Nian ate some puffs, promptly fell asleep and slept the whole flight. We are finding out that while he's mild tempered while traveling be it bus, or plane, once we reach our destination he's ready to disembark NOW not when everyone else moves RIGHT NOW...That's our adventurous little guy for ya, doesn't like to fart around. Reminds me of Isabel when we go away, when she's done she's done and ready to go.
Our hotel room here is SO nice and spacious, I'm glad we upgraded to the suite. We have a large desk ares, and "living room". A large turn able TV separates the living area from the true King size bed (the last hotel had 2 separate beds you pushed together, Nian spent through that a few times) and 1 1/2 baths. So good for our active boy.
Sunday we went to the Buddhist temple, the Old Chen House, and a Arts and Crafts shopping center. While we plan to shop more at another location we did purchase a little outfit for Nian just in case. The Buddhist temple was nice to learn about however I felt it was sad to see all those people bowing to statues and leaving money, fruit, flowers, and nuts. We were told they burn the incense so the Gods will know to listen. I pray they find Christ someday and know all they have to do is say Hey God to get him to listen. It was also very uncomfortable walking around and snapping pictures in what I felt to be their place of worship. I mean you don't just let people take photos during Sunday service right! Just shows us how different the world can be. I am so thankful our little Nian will know Jesus and that he can talk to him anytime.
Headed to Starbucks when we got back as there's one right in the hotel WOOT WOOT...
Joe went down to do some paperwork around 4 pm. Last time I went to do the paperwork Nian was none too happy so we'll just avoid that unpleasantness for him and send Joe. We headed out for a group dinner around 5 pm and then spent the rest of the evening relaxing. Nian headed to bed early as he missed his nap.
We're off to his medical appointment today which we're hoping only takes a few hours. Then we have the river cruise tonight. We need to get to breakfast right now before we have to head down to meet the group. I will post pictures of the last few days later on. Our connection here is breaking up a bit as well.
THANK YOU for all the prayers and support you have given us during this whole process. We still have much work to do with this little boy of ours but we know he will ALWAYS be loved.
Not wanting to fart around huh?? That right there tells me that God truly had you in mind for his mother!! Love you guys!! <3 Lisa
ReplyDelete