I will update on our last 2 days once we are in the next city. I can't upload pictures of snack row this early in the am, I still have to get on a plane. Though the food here is great this is one place we DID NOT eat!!!! ugh
We have enjoyed our time here in Beijing and getting to learn more about our sons culture and his countries history. We also have a Great travel group which is awesome since we'll be spending the following few weeks with them all. I think we might be split between having boys and girls for our group, which is good to see. So far we have met 7 of the 8 families in our group. 2 of them have brought their children on the trip which is a great thing I think for the kids. 3 of us are first time parents and for all of us this is our first adoption.
We arrived in Zhengzhou safe and sound, found our luggage, guides and headed to the hotel. The funniest part of the am was stopping in the "toilet" as they say in China and having the girls laugh at us Americans as we wait in line for the sit down toilet. I'm past the whole squatty potty and feel I've put my time in for now anyway.
The hotel here is wonderful such a step up from the last one. We have plenty of room and were also delighted to see this when we walked through the door.
| Inset your little one here! can't wait |
We met our last group family at the airport. They are adopting 2 boys, and already have 8 at home! How awesome is that? We all got checked in and then met to head to lunch together. The 1 of each family will be heading to the bank to exchange money while the other half of us get items together for our big day tomorrow. Later on we'll head to Walmart to get some supplies.
The air seemed much better to breathe, until we opened the window at our room. We face a back parking lot/building so not much breeze here. The front of the building is getting a great cool breeze, at least it was when we were outside. And it's HOTTER than blazes in this room. I am wishing I had brought my shorts. Ah and i figured out the problem, it's now getting cooler. NO it was not turn down the thermostat because that doesn't work!
Will attempt to update later tonight or tomorrow am if I get up at my normal 4 am time.
Tomorrow is our big day! We hope you will continue to pray for us and our little guy. Please pray for those in our group and the other parents who are no with us but will also be meeting their little ones tomorrow. We have much healing to do on these tender little hearts, but we know God is awesome and he brought our children to us.
Blessing to you all.
haha we are so happy for u!! Joer you have put your "overtime" in as sister, friend (always there for us when ever we needed u ) and of coarse as Aunt Becky. I'm so excited for you to now be Mama a title that u well deserve & will strive as. Yes GOD is good! It dawned on me yesterday when I went to txt u yet again & pick up the phone that we all still have 2 more Fridays before you'll be back home this journey of yours is a reality check for the rest of us; that the time has come & life will be different for us ,that we will All have to learn to" Let Go" that its not all about us, its Now about whom Becky needs to be there for..HER SON.. HER FAMILY... yes it is quite the adjustment but worth my selfishness for u my baby sister to be complete...so have fun on the rest of your journey & embrace the joy of holding your son for the first time..
ReplyDeleteIt is 3pm on Sunday the 18th and I am sitting here crying tears of pure joy because I know that you and Joe are finally united with your SON! This has been such a long journey for you and this was the journey that God choose for you. You have always been an amazing Aunt to the kids and I know that you will/are going to be an amazing mom! Oh my gosh....BECKY YOU ARE A MOM!!! JOE YOU ARE A DAD!!!
ReplyDeleteI love you both so much and I can't wait to see you!!
so excited for you! I bet you have your boy already. wishing you a wonderful day and praying for your group! Love following your blog! Karen
ReplyDeleteContinued prayers
ReplyDeleteHeavenly Father, before the foundation of the world You chose us in Christ to be Your sons and daughters. Look with favor upon Joe and Becky as they receive and envelop this child with their love, a love that originates from You. Give all three of them patience and comfort during this challenging time of transition, and encourage them with Your love; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
God's richest blessings to the three of you, and to all in your group. Pastor