1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Friday, January 16, 2015

Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden City

Today we went to Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City.  

And I had my first squatty potty experience. Which wasn't as bad as I had expected. Of course I have not photos to show you since I gave Joe the camera.  That was the last thing I wanted to drop while inside. I knew we should have gone at the 5 star potty we saw earlier.  oh well when in China do as they do.

It was a cold and windy day, which took some of our southern parents by surprise. We later went to the Market on snack street and did a little shopping for some mittens/hats/scarves for one of the other moms.  I got a scarf type wrap while we were out since we were heading to the great wall the next day I might as well be warm!  The area reminded me a lot of downtown Las Vegas, or I should say "old" downtown Vegas. 

We learned a lot of China history from our day and we learned a lot more about these other families we are traveling with at night. We are so thankful to be with a great group of people.

Long day so I'll post some pictures and be on my way.

Thanks for the continued prayers. 


It definitely is NOT my coffee pot!

T Square


Forbidden City roof



Yes I am actually standing behind the huge pot!
Why yes those are spiders and snakes.








1 comment: