Let me start by say HAPPY 4th of July to you. Hope you have a great holiday weekend with family and friends and BE SAFE!!! Don't for get your 4 legged family members too!
Isabel has never paid much attention to fireworks or storms. She would often sit at the front picture window with her head going up, head coming down, head going up, head coming down. I think she enjoyed watching the ones the neighbors across the street lit off. Not so much this year. I'm not sure if it's due to that monster storm we had a few weeks where it did NOT stop thundering all night, or if it's the fact that we had the windows open and there were more of the plain old (why bother/what's the point) LOUD BOOMS. I mean really, like fire crackers, if they don't show you the sparkles with the boom then why bother! We are hoping tonight will be much calmer as we turn the AC back on, turn up the TV, and get the fan going. We are thankful that she does not whine. As she sat on my lap last night, and this girl is no lap dog what so ever, not even to cuddle!, I couldn't help but wonder how our little one would react next year to fireworks. Do they hear them at the orphanage now? Are they even aware of what fire works are?
TOYS - I can't remember when it started but at some point during this process I started going to the thrift store with my sister. Oh wait I do remember now it was actually last fall. Knowing we would soon be welcoming our child home, and being the planner I am, I started searching for little golden books, and older style kids book for our little one. In the process I came across some older toys. Now I am on a quest for older toys and books. Or new toys that just look like the older ones. What I'd really love to find is the rocking horse we use to have when I was little. You know the plastic one that was suspended by springs at four corners. Yes I know they probably aren't very safe at this day and age. I still would love to have one.I got some great little people (not quite an obsession but getting close) items at our church yard sale for only $1. We have added those to ones I got prior and the ones Joe still has from when he was little. Here are a few that I have found in my travels. I just love them! Do any of these look familiar?
| Gifts from Aunt Michellie |
| Tupperware Toys |
| Fisher Price Little People camping set and more |
| HAD to buy the little people BIG dog toy when I saw it! |
I also found this awesome book at the library. They were selling it for $1.25 SO happy to have found this. The price sticker on it shows it was selling for $250 back in the 80's. Heck yeah what an awesome bargin!
| This beautiful book came with the pictured cover sleeve |
| Love that is has Chinese and English for everything. |
This weekend has been set aside for spending time with parents and starting to work on the house. I have painted our entry area, done some mid summer "spring" cleaning, and we'll be starting to rearrange little ones bedroom. Mom is having a sale in the fall so it's a good time to start boxes items up. I just look at little ones room and wonder WHERE am I going to put all that stuff??? Really half of it is already little ones stuff from the bed to the toys to the book shelf. I just have to get my stuff out of there!
I800A - We receive our paper receipt that they have received out application. Now that was a weird sentence to write! We are currently waiting for them to send our fingerprinting appointment location, date, and time. We pray that we are lucky enough to get the lower 37 day wait for approval. Amazingly I do not feel anxious or rushed about this stage. I guess I just know that we have to wait so not sense getting worked up about it. Yeah you know God has helped me with my patience, cuz I wouldn't have been this calm a year ago!
| Yep, they received it as my receipt shows. |
We are forever blessed by our good Lord. He has show us love in so many ways, and in so many area's of our lives. From family and friends, to orphans across the country, friends in adoption groups to everyday blessings of good weather, and just being alive. We pray that the Lord blesses you and your family with whatever needs you have.
Thank you for visiting our page. Please continue to pray with us and little one and for us and little one. We are so thankful you want to share in our journey. As always we continue to pray for our little one and those caring for him/her, along with all the orphans and their families who are waiting for them.
Blessings,
Joe, Becky, and Isabel
No comments:
Post a Comment