1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Saturday, July 26, 2014

I think my heart just stopped!

You've probably had that feeling.  It's the moment when you realize their GONE.

I let Isabel out back like I do everyday when I get home.  I checked a few emails, read a few blogs, did a few thing around the house then went out to throw the ball around until Dad got home.  I open the back door, see the door to the garage is open, then it clicks in my mind the Large garage door is also open, that WAS a dog catchers vehicle I saw earlier.       I S A B E LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.  

And that's when I think my heart just stopped.  I had that moment of no it couldn't be turn into honest terror as I wonder how long has the door been open, (it was shut when I let her out but apparently it wasn't latch properly), how will I ever find her by myself, OH MY GOD what if she's injured, WHERE could she be.  I yell a few more times, run back into the house, yell out the kitchen window, run to get my tennis shoes one, (click) I wonder if she's sitting at the front door, I open the door and yell again, That's when I see my little love come running out of the garage and leap onto the porch to come inside. 

I was actually shaking as I gave her a big hug and Thanked GOD she was here.  Joe does not think that she left the back yard, as she would have had to go under the lawn mower handle to get out.  And this girl won't even come around us if we're standing by a kiddie gates, as she's VERY afraid of them. But I still cried.

I imagine this scene will play over a few more times in my life as each of our children come into our lives. I had this same scare with Ginger years ago when I came home late at night, in winter, to find the back gate was open and was only able to follow her trail for so long before she gone onto the road.  She had very limited sight at that time in her life, and of course her collar was off as she had a bath earlier. 

That's a scare I wish never to experience again, but I know I will.  I think it's a parents right of passage.  It's something every parent will experience at least once in their life.  At least our little Belly Butt is here and safe.  
Thanks again for visit us and sharing in our journey. We are getting there slowly but surely. 

Please take a moment to pray for those families currently in China who are awaiting Visa's for the children so they can all come home.  Some have been stuck there since last Thursday. 

Thanks and have a Great Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment