Oh to have a melt down at the Post Office. You haven't lived until you've had your own!
Yesterday was the day I had mine. As you may remember we sent our 11 of 13 documents to the courier to take to the Chinese Consulate to get Authenticated. I got the slip in the mail yesterday after getting home later than usual. Sent Joe a text and tried to be up beat after all he'd go get it in the morning. Then he tells me their open til 530. Of course the clock showed 525 there was no way I'd make it there in 5 mins, Isabel was outside, I'd have to put all the gates back up and haul ass. Bummed out I looked at the phone again and our clock was fast! If I hurried I could get the house secure, Isabel inside, and to the Post Office to get our precious paperwork that night. Poor girl thought she was going to go with me but it was way TOO hot out to even think about taking her. At home in the nice air she would stay!
I'm sure I looked like a crazy women running down the drive to the truck and trying NOT to run over another customer to get inside the post office before they closed. The gate was up, only 1 person behind the counter and he was ignoring me I thought crap I'm too late. Then came my dependable patient postal lady I'd been dealing with on the I800a mailing. A few minutes later and she was returning with my precious package, wondering why I would send a package to myself. As I was wiping away tears I told her it was how the courier wanted it done and that they were our adoption papers. At this point I didn't care who thought I was nuts crying at the counter. As always she was so wonderful about it all. After a few signatures, and clicks I had my package! Her'es what they look like!
A close up of the Authentication seal!
We spend the evening making copies and getting the original 11 docs and their copies ready to go out in the mail today. That was the busiest I have seen the post office in a long time, even counting the CHRISTmas season! Of course I had my camera with me to take pics of our docs getting ready to be mailed. And you bet I got some funny looks, still didn't care! Once again I got Leann, she's so great. If you even go to the 3 Mile Rd post office I hope you get her. Of course I couldn't get my packaging right for this set of docs either. I FINALLY heard what she was saying about the pricing and different packages. geesh I was just a tad slow on that whole thing. But we laughed about it and off our documents go to CCAI where they will start critical review of each piece of each document. These will be put together with 2 more documents and other items for our Dossier. We're hoping to have our Dossier complete by the end of Aug, sooner Lord willing!
We are starting to get excited but know we have a long road ahead still so we're trying to be realistic about each step and where we are. YES we are almost done with our Dossier, but NO we are no where near being "done" with the whole process. It would be such a blessing to be able to bring our child home before the end of the year, but we both agree that it probably won't happened until after the new year. And that's ok. We have been waiting this long, a few more months won't be much. In fact we can't believe June is almost at it's end. Seems like just yesterday we were doing our MCC (Medical Check List) and then doing our application. It's amazing how quick the year has gone by. And most of you know I'm such a CHRISTmas-holic that I'm ALWAYS ready for that time of year. We are still enjoying our "last" of everything before we have a lot of "firsts" as a family of 4 (yes Isabel is included in that number).
Once again we Thank YOU for your prayers and kind thoughts. We thank our Heavenly Father for all the blessings he has given us. We continue to pray for our child and those who are taking care of him/her. We are blessed to have so many family, friends, and adoptive families prayers and support. We pray the the good Lord blesses you and gives you comfort and peace for whatever your needs are.
Thank you for stopping by our page and sharing our journey!
God's Blessings to You!
Yay!! It's such a relief when you have that shiny seal of approval! The paperchase is almost done!
ReplyDelete