1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fingerprinting and Lazy Saturdays

Thanks for taking the time to follow us and join our journey. If your a new traveler welcome!  I hope you get to experience a little bit of our Lazy Saturday as you read this.  If you haven't had your own Lazy Saturday then by all means, Sit back, Grab a cup of Joe (just not mine, either one of them) and start now!

Yesterday we received our appointments from the USCIS to get our Bio-metrics taken, aka Fingerprints.  We go next week and hopefully we will have no problems.  There are a few other couples along the same time line as us, based on the group page/blogs I've been reading.  We'll be praying we have no complications with ours.  Can't believe it's only been a few weeks since we sent our application in.  Where has the time gone?  As long as we're getting closer I don't mind time flying. The sooner we get our documents to China the sooner we'll find our little one. Once the fingerprinting is done it should only be a few more weeks until we get our approval.

You just gotta love lazy Saturdays.  We are having one today.  I like sleeping in, catching up on all the adoption journey's we follow, reading what's going on with friends on Facebook, and just hanging out in my PJ's most of the day doing Nothing..  We know these days will be far and few between once we bring our little one home.  And I wont' be complaining at all!!!  Sadly I am out of my half and half, and you should all know by now I do enjoy my coffee all day when I can get it! I'd go the few blocks to the store and get some but that would require me getting dressed.  And it is a LAZY Saturday after all!!  I know I have to get dress and start moving at some point today but I'm in no hurry my friends.

I am so glad another blog Mom gave me a list of all the Starbucks that will be by our hotels in China. lol seriously this should not surprise any of you! unless your a new traveler of our family journey here. I hear the cups are small and refills are hard to come by at the hotel buffets while we are over there.  And this girls will need her coffee. I don't think my personal coffee pot would make it all the way over there so alas it will have to stay home. I imagine I'll be too busy mooning over our little one to sleep much. Oh what a blessed time that will be!!!!!! Super ready!!!

  Even as I write this the love of my life and our 4 legged girl are both taking lazy Saturday cat naps!  I myself just made more coffee, and will drink it with Joe's creamer, which is fat free and nothing in this world should be fat free. Especially flavored creamer!  Oh but such is life this lazy Saturday when I am out of my half and half. I am however debating what to do next.  Should I put in a video game or get productive and start cleaning the kitchen floor and getting laundry started. Most Saturdays I start with a half pot of coffee, fill my cup and get busy.  Come back to my cup and find the coffee is cold so I drink some then get another cup then off I go again. Right now I think I will sit here a little longer, enjoy an actual cup of hot coffee, and day dream about how different my post will be next year time when we'll be debating on which lazy Saturday activity to do next with our little one.

I can't wait to look back on this posts and many others to see how far we've traveled and how different our lives will have changed from today. I hope we can take every day in and enjoy every moment from lazy to crazy. It amazes me to see how far we have come since we first started our adoption journey.  Seems like just yesterday but in fact it's been over a year since we seriously made the adoption decision. We feel so blessed by the delay in our original journey which lead us to where we are today and the agency we are with.  God truly does work in mysterious ways. 

Maybe I'll join the family and take a little cat nap of my own! 




No comments:

Post a Comment