1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Busy weekend and some BIG NEWS!!!!!!!

Sorry it's not THEE Big News but for us it's pretty huge!!!  But first things first.

Busy weekend again for the Buss family.  I'm not sure how we'll many to get any rest with lil brother around lol, but we'll find a way I'm sure.  What are some of those sayings!?  Life's too short! I'll sleep when I'm dead. 

Ok seriously I am the only one who tears up listening to Kelly Clarkston's Piece by Piece song?  This is why i shouldn't listen to music while working on the blog.  I had a great child hood and a wonderful father.  I think it's more of me being a mom now.  anyway......

Back to the busy weekend.  Friday we took Nian to the Greek Festival, and he had a great time.  It was too cute to see him dancing to the music, even though he thought it was TOO loud... :-) Guess that means I won't have to worry about yelling at him when he's a teen to turn his music down.  HA he'll probably be yelling at me.  We drove around for a bit then went down the road to Plenty of parking..  Duh forgot about that this year, and we were lucky enough to catch a ride in the shuttle.  It was just like being in China, which is what I told Nian, except for no honking. Oh and it had seat belts! 
Someone just woke up

Just like China


Saturday was a full day of birthday party fun, Thanks Warner family!  Jessica you are so creative. I don't know where you find the time to do so much.  Nian's favor bag contained Batman items. It was a fun super hero party. Each of the kids had their favorite super hero items.  We headed home for a few hours and then back across the street for a cook out.

LOVE this neighborhood and the wonderful families.  Can we take you all with us when we eventually move?  Maybe we can all find a new development and build down the same cul-de-sac! lol

Sunday we had a good day at church, unlike the week before but we won't go there... Headed out to the store for a few things then home to relax for a bit before the week started again.



Monday brought a rough morning of not wanting to get out of bed, but I had to be to work so what can ya do.... :-)   Nian and I came home to a Wonderful surprise.  We have our I800A Approval!!!!  This is the approval from the USCIS that allows us to adopt internationally.  We just went to get our fingerprints last Thursday....  They approved us the same day and much have mailed it as well cuz that was SUPER fast my friends....  Shit just got real!!!!!   AND our friends Adam, Bev and Elaina stopped by for a long over due visit.  It was SO GREAT to see you guys.  The kids had a good time playing, once they warmed up to each other.  Miss you guys...  Of course we had to take a picture of all of us for our Dossier.  Last time it was just us couples, so Joe and I knew we had to send one of the 6 of us this time... 

Today I got a copy of our approval form notarized and will be leaving work early to go to the SOS office for Certification. Then I'll haul butt to get it copied and sent to the courier so she gets it on Saturday, takes it to the consulate next Tuesday.  I'm not sure if we'll request standard process or express for this part..  If we do express we can get them back Friday, send them to the agency to review and then we could be DTC (Documents to China) by the following Friday.  If we do reg process we'd be cutting it close.  They send docs to China on Fridays....  We would be LID (log in date) with the CCCWA (Chinese Center for Children Welfare and Adoption) and the next step is a match.... 

I love that Facebook has memories that pop up because it shows me we are not that far behind from our first time.  The way everything has been flying we could possibly be traveling in January. WOW. 

Our puzzle fundraiser is still moving at a good pace and we hope to have T-shirts soon too.

Thanks for stopping by and continuing to prayer with us and for us, our family, and our child we have yet to meet.

Have a very blessed week!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment