This time last year I was off on leave right in the middle of our cocooning stage. Nian and I have both come a long way since those first tiring days of being on China time, and multiple showings of Thomas and Friends. Their two, their four, their six, their eight..... That song just pops in my head every time I think back to that time. anyway.... The memory just popped into my head so I had to share.
Today is Presidents Day, which means I have the day off of work. WOO HOO. Nian was not happy at all about me being here this am, and finding out he still had to go to daycare. AND I'm actually getting some stuff done around here. I'm catching up on some TV, sorting and storing my craft items, cleaning, and most importantly getting our Home Study docs printed and filled out. Well as much as I can with limited time left before I need to go get little love. I actually did not go get him early today. Which is what I usually do when I have a day off.
It feels good to get a lot done around here and yet still do a few things I want, like sitting around watching TV lol. Time to myself is so scarce that I will take it while I can. Oh don't get me wrong I love both my boys, and love being with them. I think everyone needs their own time to unwind, relax, refresh, and recoup. Now if I could carve out some time everyday to myself that would be great. We should all try to do that.
We got good news yesterday at Church. We can do our auction as planned the night of our Fundraiser dinner, April 2nd We are SO excited and happy to be able to do this. We already have some items lined up, and hope to get many more donated.
Right now we are waiting for CCAI to send us our updated Dossier guide. Once we have that we can start working on getting all of our papers together for lil lil brother. We know the drill at this point and can't wait to get everything moving. We also hope to get our home study papers mailed out and logged in this week. While the agency will update our last home study, we will still have the visits, and reports to work on.
I'm off to get my little guy. Today was a great day we all slept in until 8am That is so unusual for him but much needed for us both. I'll take it while I can.
Thanks for stopping by today. We hope you have a great week and pray the Lord blesses you and ministers to your needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment