1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

This is kind of scary!

WOW....  I went to the post office yesterday to get our Authenticated documents the courier had sent.  Raced home to make copies, which are required to go with the originals to our agency.  Made sure I had all of our couple photos, family photos, passport photos, copies of our passports, and a few other original documents that were needed.  Raced back to the post off and mailed all of that to our agency to get a critical review of it all and then translated so it could be mailed to the CCCWA. Of course I cried...   Come on ya'll should know by now that crying and the Post Office go hand in hand.  

Our Dossier is now COMPLETE, less than 24 hours since I mailed it, and ALREADY in translation!  I can't believe it..  ALREADY IN TRANSLATION... That was fast!  Our email said it would be going to China in a few days, could that possibly be THIS Friday??   I don't know.  We will get an email when it is mailed to China, when it's been received in China, and when it's logged-in with the CCCWA.  That's the LID we have been waiting for people.  

This is now where I have my "this is kind of scary" moment, I've had a few already. I mean I know we're having a child and we've been waiting sooooooo long for that moment.  It's still kind of scary to realize that it's almost here. We've been working on the paperwork and knowing it's going to take a long time and yet bam here we are. I feel like time has just flown by, yet wasn't it just the end of January when we got our application approved to adopt?  Weren't we just getting our passports.  I am so ready to get past this first adoption trimester you have NO idea.  and yet I'm still a little scared.  What if it takes longer than we expect to find our child, what if I suck as a parent, and even scarier what if our child doesn't like me. It's not like I'm giving birth and this child has known me and heard Joe for the last 9 months.  What if I scare the dickens out of our child on Gotcha day because I can't stop crying, hysterically (I can see the picture clear as day). 

So I will pray because being a parent is sometimes scary.  I will pray that our child bonds quickly and solidly to both of us.  I'll pray that on Gotcha day I won't totally break down.  I'll pray that Joe becomes the "chosen one" while we are in China, as he will need more time to bond since he will have to go back to work before me.  I will pray that God will be with our child and help them past the grief they will surely feel on that most joyful day for us. I will pray that God continues to watch over our child and those taking care of him or her. I'll pray for you reading this right now, and ask that God blesses you and ministers to YOUR needs.

  And I hope you'll pray for us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment