We love the new phone in to get in line system they have at the SOS. When I first called we were #1 with a 1 minute wait, however we still had 15 mins before we'd actually get there so I did not get in line. Once we were parked I called in again and we had 2 people in front of us with a 19 minute wait. Woo hoo. However, once we reached minute 30 of our 19 minute wait I was getting a little heated. And the person in front of us in line hadn't even been called yet. Flash back to our last visit there where we waiting a total of 2 hours for our turn. Thankfully it wasn't as busy today and we learned the call ahead # from that long visit.
We finally, yeah I know it wasn't that long but it felt like it, made it to the counter. I was expecting us to have to wait longer, since the last time we went we had to go to someone else because not ALL the agents at the SOS can certify documents. Thank the Lord our agent was able to. As we stand there watching her print, seal and staple our documents I lost it. Such a rush of emotions knowing THESE were the last pieces to our Dossier. It made it so real that we actually were Almost there. We are 1 step away from sending the remainder of what we spent the last 7 months of our lives working on. Our paper chase is over. We have collected, created, and documented everything that is required of us for our Dossier. Here are the last two beauties!
We got home, had some breakfast, then I headed off to the Post Office to send our documents to the courier. She will get them on Monday, take to the Chinese Consulate on Tuesday, pick them back up "Authenticated" on the following Monday, and we should get them back on Tuesday. Now if I get my act together I can successfully pick up those documents, and during the same visit get the rest of our Dossier documents sent out to CCAI! I managed not to cry during this trip to the Post Office. Yes I still got some strange looks when I took pictures.
I got a new person at the PO counter and she had her stuff together. Quickest visit yet. I did cry a little after leaving. You know me! :-)
Let me insert here on the fact that if this system has a way to convert :-) into an actual smiley face I have yet to find it. Alas you will have to deal with the : - ) ha ha.
Ya know I love a good bargain, especially the word CLEARANCE! I've been stocking up on a few things we'll be able to use in China. I told Joe we're going to be in trouble when we know the sex of our child cuz Wowzers... I am seeing some CUTE outfits out there. PUPPIES everywhere. and Elephants. and Horses. The possibilities are endless...
Well that's where were are now my friends. We hope you will continue this journey with us and we ask for your prayers as we travel this Wonderful road!
Sending you blessings!
Joe, Becky & Isabel
Your excitement is contagious!! You are almost DTC! Congrats!!
ReplyDelete