1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

What a day!

Gotcha day was a busy one for Nian.  He had speech, then school, then a dentist appointment.  He was fitted for his head gear which he has to wear each might for a few months.  This will help with his cleft and prep him mouth for his hard palate surgery.  Amazing to see just after a few weeks of adjustments how much his face has changed.  or I'm just seeing things!  He had a good dinner, which he changed to McDonalds but it's his choice. Then we just hung around and cuddled and he got some extra love. Which is our code name for I need a hug/snuggle/1on1 time with mom. 💓.

And today, what a historic day it was.  Our first female vice president.  that is AWESOME!!!  So excited to see that happen, it's been way past due.  We should all take a moment to think about that bit of history, and we were able to experience it!  I think that's pretty wonderful!  I especially liked seeing the Asian secret service agent today too. 

Thanks for following along down memory lane with me this last week. It's been a lot of fun and brought back so many memories..  I found the following in a draft post that I had started twice last year.  Thought I would go ahead and add to the blog so I can look back and remember.  I believe the first part was started in May, lol.  This is exactly why I need achievable goals. lol.   

Enjoy and blessings to you!   


Ugh and it brought the nasty muggy weather with it.  Yes I am one of "those" people who will complain about the hot weather.  I'm more of a fall girl.  😏🍁🍂

We were supposed to have our 1st lake day of the season this weekend but no guests are allowed yet at my sisters place so we'll wait. 🌊🌞🏊

We helped my dad celebrate his 80th birthday last weekend.🍗🎈  Looking forward to the day when we can gather as a larger group so everyone can join us.🎏🎊🍻 But we won't rush it just yet.  Still too many unknowns out there.

I will be heading back to the office in a few weeks.  While working from home, with a full house has had it's challenges 💣💩😠 there are so many things I will miss.  Morning snuggles 😢, making breakfast, break time fun 🎮, lunch with all my boys, and being home when I clock out at 4pm.  Running to the store for groceries during lunch has been a nice bonus as well. The work day hair styles have been fun too. Cheng is always finding ways to make me more beautiful for dad. 💆😆

Isabel has been loving us all being home. She spends most of her days outside now and we try to walk during the day when possible. She had her Gotcha day this week. 9 years and counting.  She's such a good girl and loves to go for her walks.  she's also starting to sleep in the boys room more often, and especially Cheng's bed.

Both boys are now done with school for the summer.  They had a good time in the zoom meetings with teachers and class mates, but it's still not the same.  Nian was able to do a drive thru at school to collect the items he had left in the class room.  We are thankful some changes allowed for him to have the same teacher next year that he's had the last 2 years.  And we should be hearing soon "officially" about Cheng getting into Field School for the fall.

Nian wants us to switch rooms with them cuz it's bigger.  I'm half temped to try it but just not sure where we'd put all our 💩if we did.  we have stuff stashed all over the bedroom and the closets are set up differently.  We'll see how it would all fit, and it'd probably be a good idea to ditch some of the stuff we have here anyway. 

Wow it's now Sept 28th and I'm coming back to the blog.  geesh where has time gone?  It's about 60 out and rainy.

So since the first part of my writing we had a good summer.  I went back to work mid June. The boys I believe have lost 2 teeth each. We spent some nice days at the lake.  And even took the boys camping for the first time over the 4th of July weekend.  Hotter than blazes out there though.. ugh 

The boys went back to school in August.  Nian was so glad to be back in school again with his friends.  Cheng is navigating Kindergarten pretty good so far.  He still will come home once a week and tell me he missed me and being here during the day.  We'll be sending in a family picture to keep in class to help with that distance.  His first pair of glasses has also gone missing this new school year.  Ugh.. Just waiting for a new pair to come in. 

Nian is moving on to the next stage of his cleft work.  He'll be seeing an orthodontist in a few weeks to get a game plan set for his future hard palate surgery. Mixed emotions on this one, I'm glad things are moving but I'm not looking forward to more surgery. 

 Joe has a full time job and it's going great.  We have updated our home study - just waiting for the final update to be complete. We sent in our I800-A renewal since we are not match yet.  We've looked at, and had our Dr. look at a few files.  One little girl in particular tugged at my heart, but she wasn't meant for us.  We are happy to know she has a family just waiting to bring her home.  Yet, a little sad it's not us. But we know our little girl is out there waiting for us, or maybe she's just recently been born.  All in God's time. He has our child picked out already. 




No comments:

Post a Comment