1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Look at the time and where has February gone?

 Hello again from the Buss family.  I realized I was doing really really good with most of my goals I set for the year, except the 30 day ditch challenge and updating my blog more.  I do plan to start the 30 day ditch/purge challenge on March 1st so I can keep with the dates of the month.  And I have every intention on keeping the blog up to date but life is busy people...  I wish it was busy with little sister stuff but sadly it's not. 😞  We're still waiting for life to calm down, and China to open back up.  All in God's time.  πŸ™  Soon we hope to post pictures like the ones below.




While reading prior years posts I realize we had our 1st home study visit for #3 the same time we did Cheng's 2 year post report.  See the problem I have is when I come to the computer to update teh blog I usually read the prior year's posts, especially when tt comes to the boys Gotcha days and our trips to China.  Then I get lost in all the memories and the wonderful times we had.  Gets me a little off track! πŸ˜‰

Where to start so much has happened since my last post......   

    
This was the perfect amount of snow.




Woot Woot..  

Joe is working full time with Serv-U-Success now, he was working for them but via a temp service.  He was hired to work directly for the company now, which is wonderful.  It brings all sorts of extras with it, including a pay increase, which is always helpful.  He's still working 6am-2pm Wed - Sun.  Weekends are different now, as you can see, but we make it work.  The schedule is actually good with the boys school so me not having to adjust all 5 of my days is nice. 

Yep pretty much how our weekends roll.

We sat down a few weeks ago and made a list of all the things we'd like to do this summer/year. Picnics- we use  to do these a lot at the airport park, hikes - a great addition for us we had a lot of fun last year going out to new places to hike, bike rides - we didn't take enough last year, camping - just not on the 4th with my parents crazy neighbors who like to shoot fireworks off at midnight 😠😠 Isabel we not impressed...  and of course the boys are excited to go to Ms. Sherri's and the Mackinaw Bridge.  This year our plan is to head up to Sault St. Marie and the Soo lock and Tahquamenon falls

Little sister news -                              yep that was nothing. we're   just             waiting.....  😞 and praying πŸ™.  We did get our I-800A extended and won't need to request another extension until April 2022.  I pray to God we're home with her by then... πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

World of Winter GR this was a ton of fun.  We still have to get into town to see the ice sculptures.  I was able to see some when I walked over to parking services the other day. So cool I know the boys will love them. We did go to part of it a while ago before they had the ice sculptures up.  The boys loved the see saw/teeter totter (i guess it depends on your age on what you call it lol).  The Hybycozo's were super cool and the ice piano, although the tree lights didn't really work when we went. Cheng LOVED the ice chess (chest as he calls it) set.  That was fun but it was missing a few pieces. 



Hybycozo's

Nian wouldn't get in there so I did 


Me and Bernie






The boys got new sleds a few Christmas's ago and were able to really use them a ton so far this winter.  They can fly down the hill and like to stand up on them.  I see snowboarding in our future.  We head over the the neighborhood schools to sled. I even went down once, but we won't show pics. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† 




This one was at my parents,
 they slid into the neighbors yard.

Chinese New Year was a ton of fun.  We ordered Chinese this year and just hung around the house.  Decorating was fun, and we put some new things up this year.  Then Nian and I went out to do sparklers, Cheng wanted nothing of them, but he had fun with the poppers. Someday I'm going to be in China for Chinese New Year.  That will be a shit ton of fun. That was worth the quarter I put in my jar!





Happy New Year - now snow go away..


The boys had fun at their Valentine's party at school.  They did some sledding,  and had a fire with hot cocoa.  Cheng's class had pancakes.  So weird not being there...  Our neighbor Jenny got the boys a goodie bag and some puzzles.  We had fun putting them together.




I spend this past weekend baking all sorts of goodies.  Homemade Cinnamon rolls, reg and pecan/choc chip version which is awesome.  Also made Joe some pretzels, and mom's Mac & Cheese.  Of course the boys wanted no MC but they did love the pretzels.  Just like their dad.




Year 4 post report is done and on it's way to China.  Hard to believe another year past since Cheng became our son.  Seems like so long ago..  Cheng picked his own pictures out for this report.  And let me tell you that was a chore finding 8 pictures where he wasn't making a crazy face of some sort..  If you know Cheng you know exactly what I'm talking about, and just looking at most of the pics in this post you should get the idea.  Memory lane will start soon for us as we head back towards Cheng's Gotcha.  How boring life would be without this boy in our lives!!!!




Yes that was Cheng if you were in the 11am service at church today, or if you were watching online when Pastor was talking about Rick being a Lion.  While the boy does have few outbursts they usually are pretty perfectly timed! It's right around 21:30 on the video if you choose to hear for yourself. 😬 God's little ball of sunshine is such a blessing to us everyday, never a dull moment. 

Thanks for catching up with us.  We hope you enjoy the memories from 2017 that will start in a few days.  4 years already....  wow.

Blessings to you this week.  Stay warm and safe friends.
Love,
Becky 


 









No comments:

Post a Comment