I'm so excited at the progress I've been making these last few days with my goals. I've heard this phrase many times, though I'm not sure I have it correctly but here goes - If you do something for 30 days in a row it will become a habit. I sure hope so... 😀 The boys are looking forward to getting back to school 4 days a week next week. Me too lol. yesterday was such a great day here in MI. It was warming up and the sun was shining. Made me think Spring was coming, but of course it wasn't. not only is it the middle of January but today it's snowing.. Welcome to Michigan! I touched base with a few family/friends that I hadn't talked to in a while. Loved that....
Here's memories from 6 years ago today! I loved looking through these memories and then comparing them to how things have changed over there between our two trips. I can't wait to see what new changes have happened this 3rd time around... Praying that is soon.. Enjoy...
One thing, of many, I'll never forget was that longgggggggggg plane ride. Little did I know then that the flight there wouldn't be as bad as the flight home! But that's another day! When we returned a few years later to bring Cheng home we stayed at the same hotel in room 865, just a few doors down from our 1st trip in room #877.
| Fire Dept |
| That's smog folks |
We met our guide George, and I don't know about Joe, Jessica, or Josh, but I tried really hard to "listen" to what he was saying on the way to the hotel. The only think I remember him talking about was how great Jesus was, and a story about when him mom was pregnant with him. I did love his um yeah's though! Love George he was awesome!
He got us checked into the hotel, got some money changed over, and told us to meet him back in the lobby tomorrow. I think we also got an itinerary for the next few days. Here's a bit from our original post.
We arrived around 430-445 pm China time at our hotel and headed right to our room. One of the bell boys showed us how to use the elevator; you have to put your key in a slot to get it to work. Then in our room we couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on, again you have to put your key in
this slot ad then press the buttons. LOL I imagine they deal with that a lot. It's a very nice room with a view of the city out the window, which will open but has NO screen. Scared my body as my sister Brenda would say. We did crack up for a while as George was right they keep the rooms Warm to say the least... We tried to watch a bit of TV, not many English channels, and promptly fell asleep. I got up around 8 pm, checked the door and got on my pj's. Back to bed we went. I did set the alarm for 630 am as we meet George for our tour at 9 am and we want to have enough time to shower, eat, and relax a little.
| Inset key card to work power. |
![]() |
| The room |
![]() |
| Views out of our window. With the unofficial country bird ~ the crane! |
Thanks for going back a bit and sharing the memories with us. Seems like yesterday, yet so long ago..
Have a Blessed and Safe weekend!
Becky





No comments:
Post a Comment