1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Sunday, January 17, 2021

It's Jan 17th

 Goals for 2021 are going good.  I've been getting up early, doing devotions, and my journal.  Yesterday I made a list of about 7 things I'd like to get done.  I completed 3 of them which isn't too bad, especially since one of them is decorating the house for Chinese New Year.  I'm ready to start some pitching and ditching but am unsure what to do with the items.  Donate to another adoption mama, donate in general, or save for a sale.   Sales are so hit or miss I find.  Our first one was really good we made about $500+ but the 2nd one was not so good only about $150-$200.  I'm not really sure what course of action I'll take.  I'd love to help another mama out, but at the same time want to just get rid of stuff..  

Yesterday was an good day, the weather was ok and the boys were really good.  Today it started lightly snowing.  I  love to look outside and see the snow coving the few bushes we have in the back yard.  Looks like a proper winter wonderland. Just hope the roads stay clear and safe.  Tomorrow I have an appt 1st thing in the am, then it'll be a family day for us.  We hope to check out the ice sculptures downtown, and pray the weather is good for such an outing. 

Thanks for following our adventures and trip down memory lane! 

Blessing to you ~~ Becky 

----   memories from 2015 ----

Early day again.  We headed down to breakfast, got our stuff together for our visit to the wall and headed back down to the lobby.  I think we're the "late" couple. At least we remembered to charge the camera batteries for this big day. We had 2 more families join us on the tour today. We have 1 more of our 8 to still meet, but that will be in our next city.

We were all waiting in the lobby when George came in with a bag of packets he started handing out to everyone.  Joe and I are thinking oh it's a snack or something. Uh no it was hand warmers.  Oh that was funny.  We looked at each other like wth are these for!?  A nice souvenir to take home! ;-)  We're from Michigan and on this day it was colder back home than in China.  Next time you see Joe ask him to tell you this story he tells it so much better than I do AND he'll even laugh when he tells it! 



We all loaded up on the bus and headed out to the wall.  It was such an amazing experience to see that wall crossing the landscape.  Such history and it's been there for over 2,000 years. That's awesome! Again this is the kind of outdoor history stuff Joe and I love.  I wish we could have had more time to explore, and to go to the section on the other side of the highway. We headed up and stopped to take pictures, and let people take pictures of Joe. He's kind of tall ya know, and hot! ;-)  About at the half way point for us they had a switch back path to get down. Yes Joe hears about how we should have taken it every time we talk about the wall.  That's probably the only thing I nag him about! Trust me we'll be taking it the next trip.


ALWAYS REMEMBER!!!!


On the other side of the highway.



Yep we're going to that middle tower!



ok so these odd steps don't favor a short girl.  My in seam is 26"
This step is higher than my knee!


This was across the highway and is actually the
part of the wall we would visit when we
returned to bring Cheng home! 💓


Switch back down!



I wish we could have made it farther up the wall but we thought we'd better not push it and who knows how we'd be feeling tomorrow. Cuz ya know we're in perfect shape! ;-)  Actually we didn't feel bad.  Joe's knee was bugging him a bit the next day from the trip back down.  Otherwise we were good.

We met back up with George and headed back into town. We stopped at the Jade factory and had lunch, along with getting some great jade.  We passed Olympic park on our way and a really cool tree sculpture. We decided to go to the Acrobat show. Cirque du Soleil it was not! Thanks I'll pass the next trip. Joe liked it well enough.  I though it was funny that they sold Microwave popcorn.  It tasted weird though. The bicycle loading was the best part.  I think they got about 12 girls on the 1 bike so that was neat. 








After the show we headed back to the hotel.  We went with Matthew and Bethany to a local restaurant for dinner.  I don't think they spoke English so we just pointed to what we wanted.  They brought their dish out and then ours a little later.  I was like Uh no I didn't order that you need to take it back it. Let's just say Becky was a touch tired at this point. so yeah a little bit of not nice Becky came out at this point. Not the the extent of bitchy Becky so it wasn't that bad.  Come to find out the dish she gave us was actually Matthew and Bethany's. lol.  Well at least it was good and we all got a good laugh.  Not to mention the girl got a tip from not so nice Becky even though they say you don't have to tip.

By time we got back to the hotel we were dead beat and out once we hit the pillows.  Early morning the next day to get on the bus to the airport!  Bags out by 6am and don't dawdle at breakfast lol. Next stop Zhengzhou and our kids!!!!   Makes me cry even now!  

Looking back I think this day was by far one of the busiest we had in China. It was pack full of activities and travel. While our trip to Louhe would be a long day most of it will be spent traveling.   Some people skip this part of their trip and head right over to Zhengzhou from the states.  We enjoyed this part of our trip. It gave us time to explore some history and learn about our son's birth country.  We look forward to going back to this places on our next trip, and can't wait to share that experience with Nian.  We thinks is so important for him to learn as much as he can too. 

Hoping you all have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Please join us in sending prayers to our travel group family Heather and Henry as they patiently await their little girl.  By 11pm tonight they should be at the Civil Service office in China, and hopefully have her in their arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment