1 Samuel 2

Don't resent God's timing His blessings might not be immediate, but they will come if we are faithful to do what he says in his word! 1 Samuel 2

2014 Year of the Horse

2014 Year of the Horse

Thursday, January 14, 2021

I'm leaving on a Jet Plane

 Well we were 6 years ago.  6 years ago.  Seems like much long yet just like yesterday.  6 years ago today we got on a plane headed to China.  We were finally going to bring out little boy home!  Our first child ๐Ÿ’“ I remember being excited, fearful, and nervous.  I couldn't wait and yet I was scared at the same time. God knew this child was our from the beginning.  How amazing is that!  Nian I hope you know how much we prayer for you, longed for you, hoped for you, and loved you before you were even born.  We love you so much little boy, and always will.  Love, Mom and Dad

I'm happy to say I've been doing good starting some of the goals I've set for myself. I've been up early the last few days and able to get my devotions in, along with a little me time. I wrote in my Contentment/Prayer Journal last night even though I was so super tired.  Not sure if that was from being up early or a side effect of my vaccine shot.  I'm thinking it was just me being tired. I moved more - right from the office to the kitchen where it's a bit warmer on these cold days. lol.  but I also walked during lunch, and reconnect with a friend which is so wonderful.  I stuck to my budget and didn't stop at Biggby on the way home like I really wanted to,yay me!, and I'll updating my blog again cuz it's Jan.  I hope plan to start my purge this weekend as it'll be a long one with the Holiday on Monday.  I do have to add that even though it wasn't on my list of goals, Cheng has been staying in his bed the last few nights.  And if he comes into ours we quickly redirect him, and he's not tried to get back in after. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

Once again we're going on a time journey to those few short weeks 6 years ago that would forever change our lives. I hope someday the kids will look back on these posts that capture our time back then and now. I sure love to relive these memories this time each year.  Feel free to skip to the pictures or check out. I know it'll be like a skipping record.  And that's ok.   Have a Blessed day if your leaving us now, otherwise I hope you enjoy the journey once again!

Here we go..............

Back up a day/night to January 13th.  Well of course that's when we put the car seat in the car.  After all we'll need it in 17 days when we get back home!  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.  It was the first of many things Joe would be putting together for our little guy!   I'm not really sure how late we stayed up this night but I know it was late. 


Heading to this little boy who's face we've been staring at since September!
We are beyond ready!!!!

We were up and moving, well at least I was, around 230am. Got to have a good hour to let those drugs kick in before ANY travel.   Joe's parents came and got us around 3:50am  to head to the airport. Not a lot of people at the airport that early.  It did take me a while to figure out that I had to slide/scan our passports through the right area at check in. I wish I had thought to take pictures of this part of our trip.  It was a very tearfully emotional moment checking in our bags when she confirmed we were going to Beijing CHINA..  YES PLEASE my baby boy is waiting for us!  Somehow I got selected to bypass the normal TSA check point.  I was able to go through the old school medal detector with my shoes on I believe.  ( I believe I was able to do the same when we went to Cheng) I still had to wait for Joe though because he had to go through the regular line, which had a line. That was nice!  Finally we were able to board our early ass flight to Detroit, 5:40AM. I would have preferred the later, 1 hour lay over flight, but since it was January in Michigan who knows what kind of weather we'd get.  Of course it was fine that day, just cold!



Love my little 25 cent garage sale purse. And the blanket Paula made for Nian from yarn my Grandma had.  I really hated washing that blanket, it smelled like Grandma...  But I wasn't sure how Nian would be with it so a wash it got.  - we later learned he wasn't a big blanket fan, at least not while we were in China. I'm glad I had it with me on the plane it kept me warm.

Well we made it to Detroit in about 2 mins.  Lol really it was what maybe 30 mins I think it took longer to board, and unload than the whole flight.  We headed to Max and Erma's for breakfast. Good place, I sure miss the one out at Woodland that was a nice restaurant.  We made quick work of "looking" around the airport then found our gate to sit.... and wait....  4   more   hours......... Well for one of us the time flew!

Time flies...    for one of us!
That's us!


2 hours down, 2 more to go!!!!!

We didn't realize the plane sitting on the other side of the gangway was our plane.  We thought we would see this big plane pull up to the gate.  Uh no.  It was a big plane just not as big as we were thinking we would have. All aboard!!!!!  We had fellow group/soon to be family members seated behind us.  It was nice to meet part of group before getting over there.


Yeah I'm ready for a nice 12 hour nap!

Now there are 1 thing I ALWAYS look for when I get on a plane, such is my traveling life.  Do I have a bag in the seat back pocket???? Oh yeah, and hand me yours too while we're at it.  One never knows when I might need them!  Becky and planes don't go good unless I've had my pills. 

No only do I have a bag, I also have a nice red blanket!

I was very excited about the movie screen in front of me, until I tried it and it didn't work.  Ugh this was going to be a long flight if they couldn't get it to work.  Thank God the flight attendant was able to reset it. Shew....  That would have seriously sucked if it was broke. I really liked that you could track the flight, and of course didn't think to take a picture of it until we were into the flight. Next trip! ;-)

Buh bye Detroit


Oh dang we need to deice first. 


LOVED this part of the screen!


So of course I was up the WHOLE flight, except maybe a few hours. UGH...  I should have took another pill half way through the flight cuz those last 4 hours were rough.  Jessica behind me was feeling the same way.  Huh for one of us the time passed quicker!  Imagine that!!!!!

Time flies...    for one of us!

I did at one point open the window shade, I think we were over the Arctic circle. Yeah it was super sunny.  LOL I lit the plane up that was funny.  Joe didn't think it was funny, but I did.  Ok seriously I didn't open it ALL the way. It was really freakin bright lol.  The upgrade on Delta to Economy Comfort is SO worth it!!!!!


I'll finish this post up with the rest of our day - it was January 15th for us, still the 14th for you all!

YAY you made it through the 1st memory from 6 years ago. Thanks for indulging me on these fun memories.  They always bring joy to my heart and put me back in those moments.  And of course bring tears to my eyes.  Who was this young couple, and how much we have all changed in these short 6 years. 

Blessings,

Becky 


No comments:

Post a Comment