Monday was supposed to be the first day of school. We were all super excited about it, and a little anxious hoping Nian would make it through the night without another headache. No such luck. It was a rough night that's for sure. Headache here, then gone, here, then gone. We wondered how much of it was also due to anxiety over starting a new school and all the changes about to take place. I am thankful that school was canceled due to a power outage. (not that the power was out but that there was no school). We were both able to sleep in a bit more before starting our day. So Monday night we tried again. Nian had complained of a headache at daycare, but said it was gone by time I picked him up. We kept pushing the fluids on him and praying. He slept right through the night and was so excited to have no headache and to finally start school. The rain boots we ordered had come in the mail so he was all set for the rainy start to his day. He is in field school after all so they go out side rain or shine!
 |
So I took multiple pics cuz i didn't have my glasses on. Don't you know it the only one that wasn't blurry he's not smiling. |
 |
| He's ready to go! |
 |
| He really wanted to ride a bus to school. |
 |
| Outside of his classroom with the other kids. That's his teacher to the right. |
As I'm heading over to the school to pick him up I get a call from the office that's no one's picked him up yet. Ummmm he's registered for the after school program... Oh they don't have him on their list. 😠 Ummmmm (wtf my mind is thinking) that's funny cuz they sent us a confirmation and we've paid... I'll be there in a few mins. Joe, God bless him he's the sane one in our house, tells me to just calm down and not to go in both barrels just figure out what went wrong... So disappointed that this happened on his first day. For whatever reason they didn't have him on their list, but did confirm before I got there that he was in fact registered. ugh... so so disappointed..... Thankful that he was safe and ok and didn't freak about it. but wow Epic fail on their end.... but I have it all set now...
Nian and I decided to start a new tradition of getting ice cream after the first day. I thought we'd go thru Wendy's for their 50 cent frosty but of course the one by us disappeared.. 😆 they torn it completely down to make build a new one. ha.. well I guess off to Frosty boy we'll go. Any excuse to get another one of those almond joy flurries Heck Yes... They boys had fun picking out new things to try. Then the thunder started. so we took our ice cream and headed home. Bedtime however was not as much fun, but we'll get there..
 |
| That kids cone is as big as your face Cheng.. 😆 |
 |
| Mmm chocolate soft serve with gummy worms. It's an acquired taste. 😝 |
Thanks for stopping by and all the prayer for Nian. We so appreciate all the love, support and prayers you shower on us. Stay safe and have a blessed week.
No comments:
Post a Comment