Labor Day weekend was a bust at our house. I was down and out sick most of the
weekend. The boys did have a birthday
party on Saturday and they LOVED the trampoline park we went to for it. They had so much fun. Later that day I was just feeling drained,
as if I was coming down with a cold. By
Sunday I was out for the count. Was
finally feeling better by Wednesday, and then back to 100% by the following
weekend.
Just in time to head to the lake for the day, well a few
hours anyway. It was a bit chilly, but
we had fun anyway. And after being
cooped up in the house the prior weekend we were just happy to be out and
about. It was great to see the lake up
but it was really too much water for the boys to wade in, in fact there was no
place to wade this time. Luckily my
sister’s trailer wasn’t in the flood zone this time.
| Area opposite my sisters place, this is closer to the inlet. |
| There is usually lots of room between the dock and the lake level. |
Monday was Cheng’s first day of school. He had been waiting
2 long weeks for this day to arrive. He
had SO much fun!! I took the day off and we headed to the store after, and I
got him some much needed pants and his class craft for the harvest party next
month. Hey might as well get it while
I’m out and about. I always let the boys pick the craft project they have so
much fun with it. Cheng is in 1 of 2
classes and goes on Monday’s and Wednesday’s this year. There are a total of 8 kids in his class,
including him. Great size for our guy,
we can’t wait to watch him grow and learn in this wonderfully small environment.
Nian is loving his Field School. He always has something new to tell us about
when he gets home. They are always
outside exploring and finding new things.
We are so blessed that he was able to get into this special class. So exciting…
We also just celebrated our “call” day this past weekend. The 8th marked 4 years since we
got that long awaited call from CCAI with our match to Nian. I remember the day
as if it just happened. Waiting the long
2ish hours for Joe to get home so we could look at the file together. I should have known he already looked at
it. But it was still a wonderful moment
opening the file and seeing our little Nian for the first time. My how he has grown….
The past weekend we headed “Up North” as we told the boys,
for a much needed get away. We stayed at
a friend’s house in Mackinaw City.
Thanks Sherry!! We, of course,
left later than planned. MUCH later..
but we made it. The boys fell
asleep on the way there, but Nian was up and awake once we pulled into the
drive. He was excited to unpack his bag
and look around the house with us.
![]() |
| Yes that's traffic behind us, luckily it was only in the 1 spot. |
We
went to Colonial Michilimackinac. The
boys like the musket demonstration, and the soldier’s house which had a dark
section with wind blowing as if you were there at night. They thought the hole
in the floor was interesting, and liked the ruins as well. The blacksmith was a fun place to stop and
the Cannon firing was awesome too. They
really loved walking around the forts higher level, like the soldier’s did. You
can check it out here https://www.mackinacparks.com/parks-and-attractions/colonial-michilimackinac/
| Glad we were able to see the freighter at the fort. |
We got some lunch and
then headed over to the Icebreaker Mackinaw Maritime Museum, https://www.themackinaw.org/ the boys LOVED this. I couldn’t keep Cheng from heading up the
gangplank ahead of us. While they didn’t
have enough patience to watch the different video’s along the way they had fun
going up and down the stairways and looking at the different areas where people
worked, slept, and ate.
We stopped at a little beach park on the way back to the
house so the boys could put hteir feet in the water. It turned out to be warmer than we thought so
we put their life jackets on, and let them go right in. They were loving it. This HUGE wave, taller than Nian, was coming
in and I was talking to my dad thinking I should get a pic of this thing. Next thing I knew it knocked him off his feet
and came way up by my blanket and got me wet, luckily I had just put Joe’s
phone and the camera in my bag, which I was able to get high enough to not get
too wet. We did get some electronics wet though. L
Not fun Lake Huron. Hoping that rice
trick really works.
Later that night we headed down the street to watch the
truck parade. It sure did take a long
time to get started. We got some ice
cream while waiting, and the boys ran around a bit, but were ready to head back
shortly after the start of the parade.
Not sure if my video will load but by truck we’re talking brightly lit
Semi trucks. It’s pretty cool to see
them come over the bridge and right through town. It was a bit too loud for both the boys, and
it was super late in our long and busy day.
Sunday we headed over the bridge, which the boys thought was
super fun. We checked out a little bit of the Straights State Park, and headed
back to pick Sherry up for breakfast.
The place was outside of town a little bit on another lake. It didn’t take long to get there, the food
was good, but the wait was bad. I guess they have new owners so hopefully next
time we go back they’ll be quicker.
The boys always enjoy going “Up North” and can’t wait to go
over the bridge again. Cheng asked if
next time we go up north can we not go when it’s dark? Yeah buddy I don’t like driving the country
in the dark either. And next time we’ll take more time to come home so we can
stop and play a bit.
![]() |
| Much of our ride home. I'll take the peace and quiet anywhere I can! |
We have another busy weekend, but it’s more adult stuff
and not family as much. The boys get to
spend the night at Aunt Brennies house, which is always a good time. They usually come home with something new to
play with or us. J I’m ready for this cooler weather we have
coming. Come On FALL!!
Thanks for stopping by. We hope you have a wonderful
weekend!








No comments:
Post a Comment